Project Engineering Manager
Manages assigned engineering projects in accordance with specified time, quality and budget requirements.
The projects can include either design direct execution activities or oversight/supervision of engineering contractor activities.
The projects can run from concept opportunity through basic/FEED stages to detailed engineering/EPC.
The projects can be relevant to offshore/onshore oil/gas production facilities, LNG and renewables production facilities.
- Oversee and coordinate the engineering activities of the assigned projects
- Ensure the design integrity of the assigned projects by systematic review of the critical engineering deliverables
- Implement processes to ensure consistency among design, operational and safety philosophies and basis of design of the assigned engineering projects
- Liaise with the relevant Technical Authority to ensure that correct engineering and HSE standards are used according to company standards and local legislation
- Take major decisions and make selections relating to the project, to ensure the most cost effective solutions
- Prepare the pertinent ITT scope of work and carry out the relevant technical bid evaluation
- Follow up of the Design Contractor, ensuring quality and timely delivery of engineering deliverables
- Monitor the engineering progress of the assigned projects and identify and manage the implementation of any steps which may be required to prevent or minimise delays and budget overruns or conditions adverse to quality objectives
- Ensure that timely and proper information are given on engineering progress of the assigned projects by preparing and issuing required reports
- Ensure that all opportunities and risks are properly evaluated and lessons learned are incorporated into the design
- Prepare the engineering quality plan of the assigned projects and ensure that all identified steps are fulfilled
- Support business development areas identified by the Company
- Keep updated on developments in Company Procedures and Project Management techniques
- Perform any special duties as directed by the line manager
- Degree in engineering discipline
- Chartered status is preferable
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in engineering related roles including time in the oil and gas industry
- Strong technical background on oil and gas industry, with specific experience in developing projects from concept opportunity through basic/FEED stages to detailed engineering/EPC if so required. This may include engineering management on smaller projects
- Experience in management of all aspects of the project, from proposal generation to Basic/FEED with associated project change/definition challenges, to execution in various contracting styles, FPLS, reimbursable, etc.
- Ability to consolidate and agree work scopes, encourage project teams through short project timescales and promote and retain good client relationships
- Knowledge in key engineering disciplines (i.e. Process, Automation & Control and Mechanical)
- Understanding of relevant technical codes and standards within the main engineering disciplines as required ( Industry Standards and international Codes and standards)
- Effective communication of engineering related issues to Company management and Partners /
- Interfacing capabilities, both Internal within the Project team and External
- Interpersonal and Team-working skills, including formal report writing, formal presentations and efficient computer literacy
- Ability to introduce, challenge and integrate solutions / processes improvements
- Capability to manage diverse teams of experts in an international, multicultural environment
- Italian language is preferred in addition to English
- Can apply a strong technical and business focus whilst maintaining an appropriate cost/time/quality balance.