||Key responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
- Apply industry codes and standards along with lessons learned and best practices to the work related to onshore pipelines.
- Provide support for preliminary pipeline routing assessment considering all interfaces, functional requirements, manmade and geo hazards using results from geotechnical and geophysical (G&G) survey.
- Prepare general field route maps
- Provide input and oversee automated Pipeline Alignment drawing (Bluesky)
- Should be able to manage and perform pipeline engineering activities including:
- Wall thickness selection (ASME B31.4, B31.8)
- Trenching and Backfill Studies (ANSYS Pipe soil interaction)
- Road Crossing Design (API 1102)
- Thermal / Upheaval buckling analysis
- Spanning analysis
- Onshore Pipeline Stress analysis (Ceaser II)
- Cathodic Protection Design (ISO 15589-1)
- Pipeline Buoyancy calculations
- Third Party Pipeline Crossing Design
- Provide input to line pipe material selection, CRA line pipe fabrication and welding, CRA line pipe installation and welding qualification
- Provide input to project cost and schedule estimating;
- Assist with the development of the project specifications and purchase requisitions, as well providing support to bidding and contractor selection processes.
- Develop pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures and activities including, testing, flooding, pigging, gauging, assessing and mitigating risks, coordinating with other facility disciplines and implementing process safety in work execution.
- Participate in Project reviews, HAZID and HAZOP
- Participate in Value added engineering throughout the duration of FEED
- Prepare Request for Quotation for onshore pipeline Installation Contractor package and participate in Vendor Evaluation
- Fully understand Client HSE expectations, HSE policy, procedures, applicable local regulations in light of very high H2S content of the pipelines
- Participate in training and development of junior pipeline engineers and designers
- Promote Bechtel’s zero accident, zero incident culture through inherently safe design meeting all regulatory requirements, client specifications and applicable industry codes and standards.
- Implement trend and Management of Change process