Process Safety engineer for Hail & Ghasha project.
The length of assignment around 6 months and possibly more. The rate for the role will be £30ph.
BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Hail and Ghasha is a detailed FEED project for an ADNOC group company. The project will have both onshore and offshore facilities handling high sulphur sour gas and associated hydrocarbon liquids. The FEED design work will be undertaken across a period of approximately 6 months (with potential for extension) in Bechtel’s Park Royal offices.
The candidate shall have the following skills/experience:
- Comprehensive experience of active and passive fire protection system design in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical industries
- Active fire protection systems design, notably firewater systems (though potentially also including clean agent or inert gas systems in addition to firewater)
- Experience of design work to both onshore and offshore codes, standards and design principles.
- Direct experience of design for sour or toxic gas service
- Specification of Passive Fire Proofing requirements
- Process safety aspects of fire and gas detection systems, including toxic gas detection in addition to fire, heat, smoke, and flammable gas aspects
- Preparation of process safety equipment design specifications.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following additional experience:
- Direct experience of modern ADNOC group standards and Codes of Practice
- Familiarity with widely used process safety related international codes and standards (NFPA, API etc)
- Electrical hazardous area classification
- Participation in formal design reviews such as HAZOP, LOPA, SIL etc
- Basic familiarity with Human Factors requirements in design.