CONTRACTS FORMATION SPECIALIST
15 months (likely to extend)
Candidates required immmediately, 1 week notice max.
Rates around £40-45ph Ltd Co
Performs all tasks involved in the formation and award of contracts. Communicates with bidders and personnel within Bechtel to establish clear definition of requirements and to assure performance to the stated project requirements. Assists and conducts meetings as needed to perform the work.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1.Develops and issues contracts and services agreements as assigned by performing the following:
• Prepares bidders’ lists
• Pre-qualifies bidders
• Forms bid request packages
• Issues bid request packages to approved bidders
• Coordinates bidders’ questions and answers to those questions
• Receives bids
• Evaluates bids commercially
• Prepares Commercial Bid Summary and recommendation letter
• Recommends and secures approvals in accordance with established procedures
• Prepares contract documents for execution
• Prepares and maintains control and status reporting documents
2. Prepares and organizes assigned Contracts sponsored meetings, such as bid clarification and pre-award meetings, for the purpose of ensuring complete understanding and agreement between Bechtel, the client and contractor on all contractual matters. After reviewing plan and agenda with supervisor, conducts meeting and prepares and issues meeting notes delineating important statements, required actions and schedules.
3. Assists project Contracts team when instructed in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplementary commercial conditions.