GIS Analyst (Geotechnical)
Hail & Ghasha sour gas project in London
£28ph Ltd Co, and 9-12 months duration
The GIS Analyst will be required to perform work tasks in conjunction with other technical specialists in Geotechnical and Hydraulics Engineering Services, and engineers, designers, construction, and project management. GIS duties including creating spatial location maps, provide spatial analysis of data, maintain databases, data collection and dissemination.
Essential Job Duties
- Ability to work with various GIS and CAD data formats and perform data conversions, data editing, and topology clean-up.
- Provide technical writing to support GIS metadata and project documentation.
- Create presentations using GIS maps.
- Develop GIS deliverables, including spatial data preparation, alignment sheet format and creation using Bechtel provided tools and resources, cartographic maps, and GIS spatial analyses.
- B.A. or B.S. in Geography, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Hands-on GIS experience, including spatial data editing, cartographic output production, spatial analysis, and spatial data management using the ESRI suite of software.
- Strong understanding of geographic and projected coordinate systems, horizontal and vertical datums.
- Working knowledge of OG&C processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated strong technical expertise in GIS, spatial data management, and related technologies.
- Prior knowledge of GIS, GPS, remote sensing, and familiarity with GIS software including ArcGIS, ArcView, ArcInfo.
- Prior knowledge of all alignment sheet generation software including Bluesky products ( including Lightning)
- Knowledge of ESRI Model Builder and Python/Geoprocessing scripts.
- Knowledge of CAD software including Microstation.
- Knowledge of the entire pipeline and pipeline facilities design/layout and route selection process including early site selection process, geotechnical studies, and right-of-way survey
- Knowledge of all phases of pipeline construction operations relating to engineering, construction and field activities
- Skilled in medium and large diameter (20” to 36”+) pipeline routing.
- Experience coordinating survey teams to perform civil centerline surveys for pipeline, geotechnical investigations, and environmental data collection.
- Broad knowledge of environmental compliance laws and requirements
- Broad knowledge of government compliance standards
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies
- Able to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Energetic and positive attitude working with multiple clients on a wide-variety of projects.
- Team building and leadership skills
- Familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Oral, written and graphic communication and presentation skills