Telecommunications Engineer London Duration: 4-8 months
Please note the proposed rate for this role £28 Ltd per hour
Please advise availability if this role is of interest
- Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
- Provides technical direction for specific tasks and assigns work to subordinate senior engineers, engineers, designers, drafters or project sub-groups.
- Broad knowledge of good engineering practices and precedents in the industry.
- Applicants should have a solid background of design engineering and working at a supervisory level on large industrial projects in the petroleum related contracting industry, covering all likely plant communication systems, e.g. point-to-point transmission systems, satellite links, microwave radio, optical fibre cabled systems, SCADA, mobile radio, telephone, IT networks, public address, CCTV, emergency control and safety systems, security systems.
- He/she shall be responsible for the technical leadership and design of the systems.
- Candidates should have held lead positions of key responsibility and have direct hands-on experience in project execution from conceptual design, feasibility studies and front-end design activities to detailed design. Experience of negotiating with public authorities, PTTs and of participation with standards forming bodies would be useful.
- Experience in ADNOC projects or other projects in the Middle East would be useful
- He/she shall possess key project planning, scheduling and controls skills and be a good oral communicator with excellent grammatical writing capability.
Duration: 4-8 months
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering- Masters or Honours Degree
- Telecommunications Engineering or related discipline-Chartered Engineer
- Professional Engineer (Chartered Eng or equivalent)