Jr Planning Budget Analyst Basingstoke
Approximate effective start date and anticipated duration of the services: 16th of july 2018 start date. Services anticipated for at least one year
Please advise on your earliest availability
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
To assist in the preparation and control of company’s plans and budgets. To ensure that the monthly and yearly reporting requirements are met in line with the group reporting deadlines
The incumbent is able to perform the following tasks in relation for EME and its branches :
- Assist the Planning Coordinator in the Planning, Budgeting, Reporting and Cost control functions of the company
- Assist in the preparation of the 10 year Business plan, 4 year Strategic plan, Annual budgets and Forecasts in line with the Eni group requirements and deadlines
- Preparation and Monitoring of four month cash flow rolling forecast in the reporting systems of the company in line with Eni timelines in order to achieve the cash flow objectives of the company.
- Monitoring of working capital situation of the company and suggest appropriate actions to management where required to optimize working capital balances.
- Updating of Eni reporting systems-MASTRO, BMS, Segment CS etc. with Actual, Budget and Forecast in line with group deadlines.
- Preparation and Analysis of various monthly reports of the company for actual vs Budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare Adhoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Managing time sheet process in SAP by coordinating with users, cost controllers and the SAP help desk by effectively resolving the issues related therein.
- Preparing and collating data for running cost allocation process of the company and ensuring that the same is done in line with the agreed procedures.
- Ensure that the book-keeping is managed efficiently; book entries are recorded properly according to Eni procedures and guidelines and in accordance with U.K. and International accounting standards
- Review appropriateness and correctness of accruals in the accounting books foreporting
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements of the company on a monthly and yearly basis.
- Maintain accounting & internalcontrols by ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and recommending improvements thereto
- Preparation and issuance of the invoices/credit notes to the customers of the company as per the contractual terms of the contracts.
- Ensure the availability of all the job orders with the customers in order that the invoice are issued in time and thus contributing to effective working capital management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational training & workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by performing assigned tasks and accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide support during different audit activities & engagements (ex: Financial Audit, Annual Cost certification, Tax Audits etc.)
- Other Adhoc jobs as assigned by the Planning Coordinator or the Finance Manager
INTERNAL: Contracts & Procurement, Human Resources, Project Services, General service Units and other departments of the company.
EXTERNAL : Auditors and other ProfessionalsQualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Admin. Professional / Master’s Degree is preferred
- 2-3 years of experience of working in the Budgeting & Planning Department of a well reputed global /multinational organization
- Required Competencies:
- Basic Knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS) and practices.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system and Hyperion.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Strong Analytical & Organizational Skills.
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Vision and values through project / team work.
- Ability to adapt to a challenging and developing environment; willingness to take on new responsibilities as our business evolves.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, persuasion, motivation, and loyalty).