Building Services/Electrical Engineer
: £60k plus UK staff benefits (or £40ph in view of going perm later)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Skills are typically acquired through higher learning, such as NVQ/HNC or an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering/building services, with 7-10 years’ working experience.
- Requires sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained professional. Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is preferred.
- Proven ability to demonstrate delivering project work, to British Standards and Regulations.
- Must have experience with general Mechanical & HVAC equipment.
- Must have a good understanding of the commercial implications of the work being performed.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently using their own initiative or within a team
- Working within a multi-disciplinary Engineering Team reporting to the Discipline Lead Engineer, an Electrical Engineer with experience in General Building Services to provide support for ongoing contracts and bid preparation for UK and International Projects. With support from the technical team you will be expected to have a flexible approach across a range of capabilities.
- Provide engineering input and support to current UK NSPA, MOD, projects, as well as projects and bids for other Government Departments. The role may require frequent visits to site in Afghanistan and Middle East
Be responsible for the delivery of engineering aspects of projects from inception to completion either by leading or working as part of a team. Perform all conventional aspects of the discipline area subject matter, including, but not limited to; understanding brief definition, design and development, producing and checking design calculations, preparation of technical specifications & enquiries, research investigations, consultation with component manufacturers and constructors, monitoring performance results and the preparation of reports. Work may require investigation of related areas and technologies outside of previous experience.
Performing assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. Use judgment in making selections and adaptation of engineering options. Deliver in accordance with defined performance criteria and stakeholder expectations.
- Responsible for the design, validation, specification, selection and services relating to a range of building services systems to support bids and projects including; electrical equipment and systems Power generation equipment, HV/LV distribution, Lighting/Emergency Lighting, Small Power, Lightning Protection, Fire Alarms, Comms./ Control
- Produce or manage the production of conceptual through to detailed construction designs, specifications and equipment selection, bills of materials and requisitioning.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned tasks are completed within time and budget constraints
- Perform equipment inspections & factory acceptance tests on new equipment and conditioning reports on recovered deployed equipment.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria for Electrical, general Mechanical & HVAC Equipment.
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and difficult coordination requirements.