Health & Safety Advisers based in Larkhill on Salisbury
Please ensure that candidates have construction site safety inspection experience and preferably gained on UK MOD, military / garrison style projects.
ASPIRE DEFENCE CAPITAL WORKS JV (ADCW)
These roles are for circa 12 months duration and we are looking for people with around 2-3 years’ construction site experience (inspectorate level rather than management level).
Proposed rate is £250 per day / £31.25 ph to the Limited Company
Key Purpose of the Role:
To provide health, safety, environmental and quality advice and support to the projects and undertake assurance checks of compliance to statutory and procedural compliance.
Responsible and accountable to the Health and Safety lead you will be expected to assist the project teams in assurance checking and other health and safety related support functions as required by the Health and Safety Lead:
Your primary task will be to:
- Liaise with the ADCW project teams, the Client and Trade Contractors representatives to raise and resolve non-conformities review and monitor rectification
- Monitor work activities and management system processes to ensure compliance to statutory and ADCW SHEQ Management System is achieved
Co-operate with the review of the ADCW SHEQ Management Systems and assist in the management of the system to ensure statutory and best practice compliance.
- Assist the Project Directors with review of CMP on a maximum 3 monthly basis.
Ensure project Base Line Risk Assessments are current.
- Manage the reporting of adverse events in line with statutory provisions and ADCW procedures and ensure reports are closed out in a timely fashion
Ensure all emergency response provisions are adequate and manage the undertaking of exercises to measure adequacy and compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Health and Safety report and Capture
Aspire Job Description File Ref: LAQH01A
- Assist in the identification and delivery of Health and Safety related training through the training matrix and CMP
Key Operational Tasks
- · Manage adverse event investigations liaising with ADCW and Trade Contractors. Complete investigation reports, manage remedial action plans and compose lessons learnt.
· Manage a schedule of audits and assist in the composing of audit criteria.
· Undertake assurance monitoring of site activities completing 3 Yellow Book entries per week as a minimum
· Undertake a minimum of 3 Engagement/Stop Shift audits per week
· Manage the actions from Don’t Walk By to ensure close out. Produce a minimum of 5 per week.
· Assist the project teams where Work Suspension Notices for non-conformities have been raised ensuring adequate remedial actions have been identified and Action Plan composed and closed out.
· Assist in the management of Occupational Health provisions and campaigns.
· Ensure management of hazardous substances is adequate and maintain a register of hazardous substance material data sheets.
· Review inspection reports from ADCW and Trade Contractor personnel and ensure that actions are adequately addressed.
· Support monthly SHE initiatives and compose relevant material
· Identify training needs of ADCW personnel and assist in the sourcing of providers and arrangements for delivery. Undertake the composure of training modules and their delivery
· Monitor ADCW personnel compliance to monthly E Pod training and update records
· Participate in the monthly SHEQ and Trade Contractor SHE meetings.
· Attend meetings with external parties where required
· Attend Daily 4C’s meetings
· Ensure office safety with the undertaking of inspections and DSE assessment
· Attend such training as deemed necessary by your Line Manager
· Support and when requested attend Safety Action Groups
· Carry out administration roles for example conducting and/or recording SHE meetings, TBT, worker engagement
· Ensure all health and safety notice boards are maintained and update information
Skills and Experience
· Experience working in a construction environment.
· Likely to have 2-5 years’ business experience, be a minimum part-qualified professional, and have a Certificate Level of Qualification as a minimum.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of the business.
· A practical, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to show initiative and pay attention to detail.
· Effective communication skills.