Subsea XT Specialist
Based 75% in Aberdeen / 25% in Basingstoke
The role will be for approximately 6 months plus
- Technical design of Subsea Xmas Tree, Tubing Hangers and Running Tools and other associated equipment from preliminary engineering through detailed design.
- Design and Safety Reviews, HAZOP, HAZID’s, Risk Assessment.
- Experience managing Contractors and Vendors equipment and documentation deliverables.
- 3rd party QA/QC interface experience
- Projects support of onshore and offshore testing/installation activities – FAT, SIT and pre-commissioning, installation and commissioning
- Ability to develop subsea tree related philosophies and Project specific documents and drawings
- Working knowledge of subsea valves, actuators, stepping actuated chokes, hydraulic circuits, P & ID’s, sensors, ROV panels and interfaces, non-destructive examination.
- Familiar with Subsea architecture, controls interfaces, drilling and completion interfaces and component assembly/testing and quality assurance/control interfaces.
- Familiarity with API 6° and 17D and ISO 13628-4 Subsea Standards and supporting practices/codes
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines due to multidisciplinary approach to Projects
- ability to handle highly complex and diverse assignments while applying a high level of independent judgment
- strong communication, coordination, prioritisation and interpersonal skills and excellent engineering judgement
- experience working as Representative on Drilling Vessels
- experience working as Company Representative at Manufacturers yards
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering.