LeatherheadLong term contracts
Rate is £28ph Ltd Co
- Candidate must have relevant offshore Oil & Gas design engineering project experience gained from working at UK principal contractors
- Able to commute daily to LeatherheadJob Description
Under broad direction, oversees and performs the full range of activities with associated with document management work. Responsible for the development and execution of the document management plan and incorporating contractual requirements. Guides and supervises personnel in the setup and execution of document management systems and processes. Develops procedures and job notes. Collaborates within the department, interfaces between functions, and with the Client to ensure that work processes are aligned. Ensure document management deliverable requirements are understood and achieved.Key Activates
- Accountable for assisting in the creation and implementation of Document Management Policies and ensuring compliance.
- Accountable for the success of the Document Management activities and deliverables in accordance with the agreed schedules, milestone and cost, focused at aiding project goals and objectives.
- Development and implementation of Project specific Document Management plans, specifications, procedures, reports and work instructions.
- Assists in the establishment, maintenance and improvement of Document Management processes, systems and tools to aid efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicate/liaison with Project Management & Team, Client, Suppliers, Joint Venture Partners and Sub-Contractors effectively and resolve problems & issues relating to documentation, information and data.
- Ensures consistent and common appropriate functional training and development programs are provided for all resources in support of Project operational needs.
- Communicates regularly with Global Document Management employees by use of briefing sessions to share knowledge, best practices and lessons learned.
- Supports and ensures the correct deployment, project setup and utilization of Document Management systems, e.g IPMS (in-house system), Documentum.
- Establishing the Supplier document management process.
- Establishing the Engineering document management process.
- Reporting and document progress measurement.
- Management of document management team across multiple offices.
- Manage operational prioritization of the document management team.
- Production and update of Master Document Register.
- Manage development and update of Distribution Matrix
- Production and update of Supplier SDRL/SDLs within Project EDMS
- Implement and operate Document Request for Release process.
- Interface with document management systems support.
- University degree qualification or equivalent oil and gas industry experience.
- 7-10+ years of experience in the process plant Document Management or related industry (minimum 5 years at supervisory level).
- Good overseas experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of EDMS systems (Documentum/IPMS - advantage) and computer technology.
- Knowledge of SharePoint an advantage
- Knowledge of Information Management system and Philosophies an advantage.
- Knowledge of oil industry documentation.
- Good communicator and motivator.
- Development of procedures and work processes.
- Awareness of Regulatory Authorities requirements.
- Must be a good communicator, confident, assertive, self-motivated, a team leader, goal orientated, innovative, and proactive & forward looking.
- Must be able to accept responsibility and understanding accountability.
- Able to identify & facilitate the effective resolution of problems, making optimal use of available resources.
- Must be able to positively influence the culture of the Information/Document Management Group.
- Must be able to interact at all levels of the organisation