Manager Information Management IM
£50ph Ltd Co
Start date is ASAP.
Duration : 12 months extendable
Under broad direction, applies detailed knowledge of IM and EPC project execution to lead, promote, and organize effective communication of project information comprising documentation and data using advanced engineering design tools, information systems and technology to support collaborative global working. Develops and documents IM specifications, strategy and plans for implementing and applying IM solutions. Leads the implementation of effective and efficient work processes for document/data and 3D model management. Manages the handover of electronic deliverables to appropriate customers (Construction, Commissioning, Operations etc.). Responsible for implementing procedures for assurance of the quality of project data, documents, and 3D models.
Supervises others either directly or through subordinate supervisors. Coordinates diverse activities within the IM functional area and interface with IT, engineering, project management and client. Assists with understanding and communicating contractual requirements, definition of work scope, developing of work plans and assists with administration and implementation of company policies and procedures. Assists with development of IM cost estimates and proposals and management of the project IM budget. Assists with definition and review of requirements to deliver the most cost-effective solutions in conformance with IM standards, policies, procedures, and best practices. Assist with identification and assessment of opportunities to improve project operations, and supports the documentation and communication of lessons learned.
Experience, Education, Skills & Job Knowledge
- Applies knowledge of IM and EPC project execution life cycle to lead, promote, and organize effective communication of project information and data using advanced design and information systems.
- Implements and documents the IM strategy and plans for implementing and applying IM solutions and systems.
- Coordinates with KBR IT business partner group to ensure any client & project contractual IT/IS requirements are realised.
- Establish project integrated engineering and project execution systems environment including communications and collaboration technology.
- Assists in implementing effective and efficient work processes for document/data management and 3D execution.
- Assists in implementing effective work processes for document/data management and turnover of electronic deliverables.
- Facilitates and promotes education events and training to help improve knowledge of IM and project buy-in to the IM strategy.
- Assists in implementing procedures for quality assurance of project data, documents, and 3D models.
- Assists in developing IM cost estimates and responses for proposals
- Manage multi-location, IM teams.
- Manages the project IM team development, performance, budget and progress reporting.
- Develops and reviews requirements to deliver the most cost-effective solutions in conformance with IM standards, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Identifies opportunities to improve project operations and supports the documentation and communication of lessons learned
- Demonstrates leadership skills to guide others supporting the project engineering infrastructure and software systems for engineering, CAD, project management, and document management
Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in related technology, engineering or business field and minimum 5 years of experience in related engineering systems and business processes. Demonstrates leadership skills to direct, monitor, and assign work to others supporting the project engineering infrastructure and software systems for engineering, CAD, project management, data and document management
- Must be a good communicator, confident, assertive, self-motivated, goal orientated, innovative and proactive and forward looking.
- Must be able to accept responsibility and understanding accountability.
- Able to identify & facilitate the effective resolution of problems, making optimal use of available resources.
- Must be able to positively influence the culture of the Information Management Group.
- Must be able to interact at all levels of the organisation.
- Working knowledge of CFIHOS or other equivalent class libraries an advantage.