Principal Specialist IM - 3D CAD Coordinator/Manager
Leatherhead£45-50ph Ltd Co dependent on experienceDuration : 12 months extendable
Under broad direction, oversees and performs the full range of activities associated with 3D CAD coordination, management and system administration activities. Manage system set-up, admin and maintenance and coordinate the development of the 3D Multi-discipline PDMS model. Ensure the project specified deliverables can be produced from the model and that the content complies with the Company and client standards and conventions. Co-ordinate interfaces between Project and KBR IT Support for the prompt resolution of CAD application issues. Develop and implement the 3D CAD management plan incorporating project and contractual requirements. Develop specifications and procedures. Support personnel in the setup and execution of CAD management processes and systems and provide user support.
Responsibilities include the management of the PDMS/E3D 3D model, PDMS global, system administration (Users, DB’s, MoM, DM, VPE, DRAW) and Clash management. Provide multi-discipline CAD coordination and user support.Job Roles:
- Accountable for the creation and implementation of CAD Management policies, plans, specifications and procedures including naming convention, hierarchy conventions, attributes/data content and ensuring compliance.
- Develop 3D model hierarchy and naming conventions to align with Project requirements.
- 3D CAD Execution plan.
- Responsible for the development of detailed work instructions and job notes.
- Accountable for the success of CAD Management activities and deliverables in accordance with agreed schedules, focused on achieving project goals and objectives.
- Establish, maintain and improve of CAD Management processes, systems and tools to aid efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicate regularly with multi office CAD teams by use of regular coordination meetings, briefing sessions to share knowledge, best practices and lessons learned.
- Support and ensures the correct deployment and utilization of CAD Management systems.
- Development of discipline 2D deliverables from PDMS Draft (or E3D Draw)
- Generation of regular project Review models.
- Incorporation of supplier 3D model for space reservation and clash detection.
- Generation of Project 3D visualisation images, using Navisworks.
- Manage software problems and reporting to KBR Service desk
- Support introduction and upgrade of software/application versions
- Desktop support/troubleshooting of PDMS applications
- Interface with IM Data management to provide 3D model progress measurement and coordinated 2D and 3D data flow
- Support 3D model object engineering and model status reporting.
- Clash management and reporting.
- CAD management experience of 10-15 years minimum in Offshore Oil & Gas Projects or large Engineering Project is required.
- University degree qualification or equivalent oil and gas industry experience.
- Experience of 2D CAD system admin (advantage)
- Comprehensive knowledge of PDMS/ E3D (Smartplant 3D - advantage) and IT.
- PDMS 12.1 knowledge/experience of Production/Administration Modules – ADMIN, DICE, LEXICON, DESIGN, DRAFT/DRAW, ISODRAFT, MDS, E3D.
- PDMS Global management and global working methodology.
- Knowledge/experience of Model Manager, Deliverable Manager, VPE, PARAGON/SPECON, Catalogue structures and Aveva Net/Engage.
- PDMS or Discipline Design experience for 5 or more years
- Knowledge of engineering / construction industry documentation.
- PML expressions/programming (an advantage)
- MDS (an advantage)
- PDMS Review/Navisworks and model review coordination.
- Review Reality – generating/manipulating the model of animation
- Development of plans, specification, procedures and work processes.
- Application training and user support.
- Must be a good communicator (oral and written), confident, assertive, self-motivated, team leader, goal orientated, innovative, and proactive.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Must be able to accept responsibility and understanding of accountability.
- Able to identify & facilitate the effective resolution of problems, making optimal use of available resources.
- Must be able to interact at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to work in a team under minimal supervision
- Be proactive and self-motivated/committed to improvement
- Ability and willingness to travel when necessary
- 10-15+ years of experience in Oil & Gas/ Engineering Industry CAD Management.
- 5 years minimum Supervisory/Management of team experience required.