Lead Offshore Structural Engineer
Approximately 3 months.
We are looking for a replacement for a senior offshore engineer, a lead engineer, who has very good experience in how designs should be carried out and approaches which could be used. Good skills in discussing and resolving technical areas of disagreement with the client in a co-operative and open manner.
As this is a lead technical engineer position and for a short duration higher rates than normal may be acceptable for the candidate.
This position is specifically for a technical lead engineer to ensure our final deliverables are technically okay and meet code and industry norms etc.
End date is currently mid-August but this move to end August or slightly later depending on how schedule develops and how client handles the bid document updates to bidders.
Part time may be acceptable for candidates with the right experience.
The chosen candidate will be a senior offshore structural engineer with experience of jackets and topsides and delivery of offshore structural steel design needed for a FEED project with multiple jacket, topsides, riser structures, bridges, etc.
The role will include the technical review of work done by others and checking of calculations, drawings reports. The ideal candidate will have worked as a lead offshore structural engineer in previous roles and be comfortable guiding and reviewing work done by others.
The primary tasks will be guiding other engineers in technical approach to complete design and reports and reviewing, checking work done by others.
Job Description & Requirements
The successful candidate shall ideally:
- Have experience with SACS and STAAD for analysis design of steelwork.
- Be experienced with steel design to AISC and offshore design to API RP 2A.
- Plan and conduct independent work within a design team, evaluating options, discussing with client/team evaluation approach and then selection, application of engineering techniques to produce required deliverables.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to Engineers and designers in the project structural team as needed.
- Be able to discuss and resolve technical review issues with client in an open and co-operative manner.
- Have a broad knowledge of standards and procedures governing structural design in the industry.