|Principal Engineer, LCI and Digital Applications
|Reporting to the Chief Engineer, LCI and Digital Applications this position requires an individual who is quality and delivery focussed with an advanced technical knowledge relating to the use of CAD and LCI (Life Cycle Information) Applications and the use and management of such systems within the oil and gas and energy infrastructure field.
Knowledge of leading and undertaking project activities is essential with the ability to plan, organise and execute drafting and applications activities successfully. Client recognises and requires flexible individuals able to think ‘outside the box’ and to provide innovative solutions to challenging design and operational issues.
- Responsible for the delivery of drafting, digitalisation and LCIactivities on projects consistent with the direction provided by the Project Manager and the Chief Engineer, LCI and Digital Applications.
- To undertake the setup of CAD, database and information systems on projects to support successful development and deliverable production on these projects.
- Ensuring high quality of drafting activities undertaken both within the team and by external subcontractors.
- Undertake short term visits to a wide range of operating site and geographic regional offices worldwide.
- To assist in the development of LCI, database and digital tools consistent with corporate goals.
- To support activities supporting the recruitment of staff to the group as necessary.
- To assist with the resourcing of projects in coordination with the Chief Engineer, Drafting and Applications.
- To manage outsourcing of work as necessary and the technical interface with and QA of such subcontractors.
|Essential knowledge and experience:
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Extensive experience of the use of various CAD applications used in the oil and gas and energy sectors within both a contractor and an energy company environment.
- Experience in Upstream oil and gas projects.
- Detailed knowledge and expert user of Hexagon tools, in particular SmartPlant P&ID and Foundation.
- Working knowledge of Italian language.