Senior Electrical Engineer
Duration: Approx. 6 months
Rate: £45-50/hour depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Specific Position Duties/Responsibilities:
- Plans and conducts independent work within a global business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
- Provides technical direction and assigns work to engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
- Must be competent and able to expediently work in a culturally diverse, interactive, and productive team environment, uphold the company’s ethics and leadership covenants and apply the company’s highest standards of quality to all facets of the work including technical and administrative aspects.
- The Senior Electrical Engineer must be computer literate with the latest range of office automation tools (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-Point etc.)
- The Senior Electrical Engineer shall report to the Lead Electrical Engineer and direct small teams of electrical engineers and designers.
- The Senior Electrical Engineer's responsibilities shall encompass the design and specification of electrical systems and equipment including:
- HV, MV and LV switchgear
- Power Generators and Motors
- Variable Speed Drives and UPSs
- Design of electrical power systems
- Power Systems Analysis utilising ETAP/equivalent software
- Electrical Network Control and monitoring systems
Candidates will also be experienced in working with electrical equipment/material vendors to specify, evaluate technical bids and review vendor documentation, and must be familiar with International Standards (e.g. IEC, ANSI, NEMA, API, etc) and their application as well as industry trends and their likely impacts. Knowledge of Indian standards is desirable.
Key Technical skills:
- Must possess experience in selection of protection systems for industrial HV/MV/LV electrical networks, conducting electrical protection coordination studies and preparation of protection setting schedules.
- Must possess extensive experience in conducting/reviewing electrical system studies (including transient analysis, harmonic studies and grounding system design) using ETAP/equivalent software
- Electrical Engineering- Masters or Honours degree
- Professional Engineer- Chartered Engineer or equivalent