Project - Offshore BP project
Duration - 2 years
Start date - ASAP
Limited company rate - £38.00 ph.
This Expediting Specialist role requires a deep understanding of the complete supply chain within the oil and gas industry. The role requires the successful candidate to provide assistance during pre and post award activities to access the capabilities and competence of Bidders/Suppliers to meet specified requirements. Responsible for the timely flow of documentation, equipment / materials from the vendor and liaising with the PSCM team members. Key responsibilities are outlined below:
- Responsible for expediting activities within the Procurement Team for assigned packages.
- Advise Procurement Category Leads of potential or long term resource issues that may require reallocation of work or packages.
- Liaise with Project Procurement Coordinators to ensure output meets the Delivery Area requirements.
- Liaise with PSCM team members and non-PSCM team members (Engineering and Freight Management Contractor) on documentation submissions / returns, manufacture, inspection and movement of equipment/materials in accordance with contractual delivery dates and construction required on site date(s).
- Be aware of project priorities for equipment / material deliveries.
- Responsible for ensuring Expediting support is functioning in accordance with the Project’s execution plan, procedures and work instructions.
- Monitor all aspects of performance of Purchase Orders within the assigned packages, and intervene and resolve issues where appropriate.
- Participate in identification of under performing vendors and the establishment of corrective actions for recovery and advise the Expediting Team Leader.
- To assist with the review / approval of the SDR prior to PO Placement.
- To assist with the review / approval of the Production schedule and Bought Out Items List.
- Liaise with and hold regular meetings with other members of the Purchase Order Management Team to discuss issues.
- Raise and issue third party expediting assignments as and when required – in accordance with procedure.
- Ensuring that field expediting has the required paperwork prior to the visit, confirms that an exit call is made prior to the field expeditor leaving the vendor’s works and also ensures that the third party expediting report is completed correctly, checking for areas of concern.
- Evaluate expediting performance of third party expediting services.
- Attend project PSR and ESR meetings to ensure awareness of project priorities for equipment and material deliveries.
- Interface with all supplier, sub-supplier and manufacturing bases which provide equipment / materials directly or indirectly to the project.
- Build a good project relationship with the project suppliers/sub-suppliers in an endeavour to prioritise our project requirements.
- Assist in follow up and close out of OS&D’s/Site Material Queries relative to equipment / material Supplier’s QC problems.
- Technical or Business degree
- PSCM certification (MCIPS or equivalent)
- 10 years expediting experience