Sr Manager Information Management
Project - Sellafield Decommissioning
Location - Warrington
Start date - ASAP
Duration - 12 months extendable
Limited company rate - £60.00 per hour
Under broad direction, applies detailed knowledge of IM and EPC project execution to lead, promote, and organize effective communication of project information comprising documentation and data using advanced engineering design tools, information systems and technology to support collaborative global working. Develops and documents IM specifications, strategy and plans for implementing and applying IM solutions. Leads the implementation of effective and efficient work processes for document/data and 3D model management. Manages the handover of electronic deliverables to appropriate customers (Construction, Commissioning, Operations etc.). Responsible for implementing procedures for assurance of the quality of project data, documents, and 3D models.
Develops, reviews, and approves IM cost estimates and proposals. Manages the project IM budget. Reviews and outlines requirements to deliver the most cost-effective solutions in conformance with IM standards, policies, procedures and best practices. Identifies and assesses opportunities to improve project operations, and supports the documentation and communication of lessons learned. Supervises others either directly or through subordinate supervisors. Coordinates diverse activities within the IM functional area and interface with IT, engineering, project management and client. Understand and communicate contractual requirement, defines scope, plans work and administers company policies and procedures.
- Applies knowledge of IM and EPC project execution life cycle to lead, promote, and organize effective communication of project information and data using advanced design and information systems.
- Implements and documents the IM strategy and plans for implementing and applying IM solutions and systems.
- Coordinates with IT business partner group to ensure any client & project contractual IT/IS requirements are realised.
- Establish project integrated engineering and execution systems environment.
- Assists in implementing effective and efficient work processes for document/data management and 3D execution.
- Assists in implementing effective work processes for document/data management and turnover of electronic deliverables.
- Facilitates and promotes education events and training to help improve knowledge of IM and project buy-in to the IM strategy.
- Assists in implementing procedures for quality assurance of project data, documents, and 3D models.
- Assists in developing IM cost estimates and responses for proposals
- Manage multi-location, IM teams.
- Manages the project IM team development, performance, budget and progress reporting.
- Reviews requirements to deliver the most cost-effective solutions in conformance with IM standards, policies, procedures, and best practices
- Identifies opportunities to improve project operations and supports the documentation and communication of lessons learned
- Demonstrates leadership skills to guide others supporting the project engineering infrastructure and software systems for engineering, CAD, project management, and document management
Experience, Education, Skills & Job Knowledge
Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in related technology, engineering or business field and minimum 5 years of experience in Information Management or related engineering systems and business processes. Demonstrates leadership skills to direct, monitor, and assign work to others supporting the project engineering infrastructure and software systems for engineering, CAD, project management, data and document management
- Must be a good communicator, confident, assertive, self-motivated, goal orientated, innovative and proactive and forward looking.
- Must be able to accept responsibility and understanding accountability.
- Able to identify & facilitate the effective resolution of problems, making optimal use of available resources.
- Must be able to positively influence the culture of the Information Management Group.
- Must be able to interact at all levels of the organisation.
- Working knowledge of CFIHOS or other equivalent class libraries an advantage.