Piping Layout Designers (SP3D) x1 12 months + NW London
We are seeking experienced SP3D designers, based in London office. The role plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of design on a project. Knows applicable industry standards and codes, accepted design practices and quality standards for following areas: refining / petrochemicals, pharmacy / fine chemicals or any other process industry.
Reporting to the PD&P Engineering Group Supervisor (EGS), they will complete engineering design and specification for oil and gas mechanical handling equipment in accordance with relevant design criteria, codes and standards.
- This work includes the preparation of layouts, study drawings, detailed 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models, SmartPlant3D, microstation, and construction drawings.
- Maintains up-to-date skills in Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs) relevant to design work and ensures that maximum use is made thereof.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
- Aid with the preparation of Plant Design material take-offs.
- Prepare layouts, study drawings, detailed 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models and construction drawings using SmartPlant 3D.
- Undertake design of mining & mechanical handling equipment.
- Work with Designers and Engineers in the Plant Design and other project disciplines to coordinate overall design and technical requirements.
- Participate in team meetings and reviews.
- Perform other duties as required by Bechtel management.
- Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the discipline’s design responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline.
- Knowledge of discipline Design Guides, mathematical formulae and design calculations used in the discipline.
- Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
- Knowledge of procedures used for the procurement and quantity control of bulk materials applicable to the discipline.
- Knowledge of BSAPs applicable to the specific discipline work.
- Knowledge and experience in plant layout and piping design for oil & gas projects.
- Ability to develop intermediate piping layout in a 2D/3D CADD and SP3D environment.
- Experience in document management and database systems e.g Project Wise, Infoworks, Aconex etc.
- Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to design.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups.
- Knowledge of national industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to mechanical / piping engineering would be a benefit but is not essential.