Principal Civil / Structural Engineer based Woking Permanent role
Please advise on availability and salary required
Principal Engineer is typically accountable to the Lead Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, depending on size and complexity of project. Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental/Group Manager.
Specific duties include:
• Working as Lead Engineer on a project, or reporting to the Lead Engineer typically on larger projects, execute civil/structural engineering design activities for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC projects, especially onshore civil and structural design projects.
• Technically responsible for all civil/structural engineering work and allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
Formulating resolutions and supervision of technically challenging and/or high profile issues, with support from Consultant Civil/Structural Engineer/ Lead Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
• Reviewing the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
• Supervise reviews and checks the civil/structural activities including: Philosophies, Specifications, Civil & Structural Design Calculations, Plans, Drawings and MTO. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries with projects / client.
• Participating in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary civil/structural engineering input and support to close out of actions.
• Identifying a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Responsible for planning/scheduling the civil/structural engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls/ reporting input to Project Management.
• Providing support to Procurement including for long lead items enquiry: prepares Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
• Ensuring compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
• In the onshore projects, responsible for leading the team to complete civil and structural design at any stage of the project - concept, FEED or Detailed design.
The successful candidate will have Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Chartered Status preferred, together with significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry. Exposure to Onshore Consultancy, FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects is required with experience gained in the design of industrial buildings and structures, along with foundation and general civil infrastructure design