|Provide expert technical input and organisational input to machinery engineering activities on a wide range of projects from studies and design, to troubleshooting, commissioning and decommissioning.
Be able to manage their time and work independently to effectively manage work activities ensuring that the goals and requirements of the work are met and that issues are effectively communicated and resolved.
Ensure quality of work undertaken by themselves and others is commensurate with the goal of the activity considering the constraints of time and budget.
Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude to the team and to external customers and stakeholders. Enthusiasm and flexibility are keen attributes.
Provide technical innovation and a keenness to move the company forward in terms of continuous improvement.
- Act as technical specialist for the machinery engineering team
- Develop feasibility studies, detailed specifications
- Machinery for conceptual, basic, FEED and detailed engineering phases of Oil & Gas projects.
- Selection and specification of rotating machinery including compressors, pumps and gas turbines.
- Preparation of technical supply specifications for machinery and drivers.
- Preparation of technical datasheets for machinery and drivers.
- Preparation of inspection and documentation requirements for machinery.
- Technical evaluation of bids and responses to Contractor’s technical clarification.
- Review of Contractor’s documents and specifications.
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines.
- Coordination with Contractors’ machinery specialists.
- Site visits, surveys and data collection.
- Undertake competent engineering of systems in accordance with specified procedures and plans as assigned by the Project lead/Chief.
- Undertake visits to a wide range of operating site and geographic regional offices worldwide.
- Ensure all activities necessary to guarantee the design of a ‘safe’ plant are performed.
- Critically review the suitability and accuracy of technical standards and procedures and develop new ones as required.
- Be aware and evaluate the effect of new/modified legislation on plant design and performance
- Attendance at project review meetings and meetings with contractors.
- Working within Company ISO 9000 QA procedures.
|Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline such as Energy, Production.
Member of a relevant Institution, preferred Chartered Engineer.
|Knowledge and Experience
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Experience in selection of rotating machinery including compressors, pumps and drivers.
- Knowledge of relevant international codes and standards including API 617 and API 618 for compressors, API 616 for gas turbine drivers and API 610 for pumps, and related standards.
- Experience in the provision of concept and detailed design associated with the Oil and Gas Industry either as a Contractor or Oil Company Personnel at a high professional level. Experience in Concept, Basic/FEED and Detail Engineering projects for Oil & Gas (on-shore and/or off-shore).
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Experience preferred in Upstream Engineering.
- Compression bias advantageous