£40ph on limited company basis
Accounting experience from within the Oil & Gas industry ideally.
of October 2019 start date ideally.
Services anticipated for at least one year
Experience across Accountant/Finance stages of Company (Oil & Gas/Construction) is preferred.
To record financial information in order to enable preparation of financial statements and all financial accounts in accordance with accounting principles and civil, fiscal and company norms. To identify assets and liabilities in line with the administrative / fiscal / statutory requirements thereby ensuring proper handling of accounts for nature and destination.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The incumbent is able to perform the following tasks in relation for EME including but not limited to its branches :
Qualifications & Experience:
- Review asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Review simple journal entries and have the ability to prepare complex journal entries along with synthesizing common ledger for subsidiary accounts.
- Develop good knowledge of eni chart of accounts and ensure adherence thereto while recording financial information.
- Review appropriateness and correctness of accruals in the books for each month end reporting including half year and annual reporting.
- Ensure correctness of day to day accounting processes such as A/P and Journal Entries plus monthly closure of books & accounts.
- Perform personnel accounting including but not limited to salaries posting, expense reports, expatriate insurance etc.
- Run currency revaluations at each month end on SAP.
- Highlight & Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Monitor working capital situation at fortnightly intervals and suggest appropriate actions to management where required to optimize cash flow operations.
- Analyze vendor and GL account reconciliations on monthly basis including Intercompany account management and reconciliation.
- Reconcile mainly Payroll & Other financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain accounting & internal controls by ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and recommending improvements thereto
- Guide accounting staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Check documents by monitoring and implementing all accounts payable checks including but not limited to contractual compliance checks in relation to approved contract values, tariffs, fees etc. for onward payment by Treasury function.
- Post vendor invoices and ensure correctness of invoice register
- Monitor aging of overdue invoices through bi-weekly reports
- Ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Company & Finance Dept. policies and procedures
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Comply with international & local financial & legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare Adhoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational training & workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by performing assigned tasks and accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide support during different audit activities.
- An ACA accredited by a well-known Institute of Chartered Accountants (ex: ICAEW, ICAP or ICAA...etc).
- 3-4 years of experience in handling financial matters in a Big 4 Firm or in a well reputed global /multinational organization
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Admin. Professional / Master’s Degree is preferred
- Strong Knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS) and practices
- Strong Knowledge of cost accounting (cost centers and projects allocation).
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system and Hyperion.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Strong Analytical & Organizational Skills.
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Vision and values through project / team work.
- Ability to adapt to a challenging and developing environment; willingness to take on new responsibilities as our business evolves.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, persuasion, motivation, and loyalty).