|Principal Civil Engineer
- Act as Lead Civil/Structural engineer on a variety of projects
- Projects will vary from Feasibility phase through Basic Design and FEED to Detailed Design and Construction
- Projects can be relevant to onshore/offshore oil/gas production facilities, LNG and renewables production facilities
- Undertake the competent engineering of civil, structural and building works in accordance with Company procedures, standards and plans, and international standards and codes of practice.
- Supervise and monitor the activities of the civil/structural design team to complete activities to the required technical standards and project schedule.
- Coordinate and expedite discipline and multidiscipline interfaces for areas of responsibility.
- Carry out civil and structural analysis and design, including the preparation of MTOs, specifications and design criteria.
- Prepare Scopes of Work for: Site Preparation; Geotechnical and Topographic Surveys; Main EPC Works.
- Prepare labour-hour estimates and planning activities for proposal and projects as required.
- Assist in the development of Company procedures and standards as technology develops.
- Assist in the development of department tools and software.
|Knowledge and Experience
- Broad experience of civil and structural engineering covering all aspects from foundations to steel structures, site preparation and earthworks, roads, drainage and buildings with an emphasis on the onshore oil and gas industry.
- Good understanding of geotechnical matters and an appreciation of architectural and building services (HVAC) design.
- Onshore structural engineering experience is essential (offshore experience beneficial)
- Conversant with British, European and American civil/structural design codes, and be computer literate, and be familiar with software analysis and design packages such as STAADPro, SACS and GTStrudel.
- Experience in a Lead Engineer role, having worked on projects from Feasibility phase through Basic Design and FEED to Detailed Design and Construction,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Team leadership skills
- Hands on approach
- Strong ability to communicate with other disciplines
- Ability and keenness to mentor and share knowledge
|Desirable Skills and Experiences
- Site experience highly advantageous
- Flexibly to travel
|Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline.
The following memberships will be advantageous :
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE) or
- Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers (MIStructE) or equivalent relevant Institution,
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)