|Provide expert technical input and organisational input to piping materials activities on a wide range of projects from studies and design, to troubleshooting, commissioning and decommissioning.
Be able to manage their time and work independently to effectively manage work activities ensuring that the goals and requirements of the work are met and that issues are effectively communicated and resolved.
Ensure quality of work undertaken by themselves and others is commensurate with the goal of the activity considering the constraints of time and budget.
Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude to the team and to external customers and stakeholders. Enthusiasm and flexibility are keen attributes.
Provide technical innovation and a keenness to move the company forward in terms of continuous improvement.
- Act as technical specialist and/or where applicable lead engineer on projects and engineering activities.
- Undertake competent engineering of systems in accordance with specified procedures and plans as assigned by the Project lead/Chief.
- Undertake short term visits to a wide range of operating site geographic regional offices worldwide.
- Critically review the suitability and accuracy of technical standards and procedures and develop new ones as required.
- Ensure all activities necessary to guarantee the design of a ‘safe’ plant are performed.
- Piping material activities for conceptual, basic, FEED and detailed engineering phases of Oil & Gas projects.
- Piping material selection based on material selection by materials specialist.
- Preparation of piping material specifications.
- Piping design calculations including pipe wall thickness, reinforcement calculations etc.
- Preparation of specifications and datasheets for piping items.
- Preparation of piping material take-offs (MTOs).
- Technical evaluation of bids and responses to Contractor’s technical clarification.
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines.
- Coordination with Contractors’ piping material specialists.
- Site visits, surveys and data collection.
- Attendance at project review meetings and meetings with contractors.
- Working within Company ISO 9000 QA procedures.
|Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline such as Mechanical Engineering or similar.
Member of a relevant Institution, such as Chartered Engineer, would be advantageous.
|Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in developing piping material specifications in Smartplant 3D and Puma.
- Knowledge of relevant international codes and standards including ASME B 31.3, ASME B31.1, API and PED.
- Experience in the provision of concept and detailed design associated with the Oil and Gas Industry either as a Contractor or Oil Company Personnel at a high professional level.
|Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience preferred in Upstream Engineering.
- Working experience in Concept, Basic/FEED and Detail Engineering projects for Oil&Gas (on-shore and/or off-shore).