- NW London 12 months
Duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Career growth opportunities available to self-motivated, high performing Chemical Engineers seeking technical/leadership challenges in the process design of Petrochemical projects. This is a SME level position for the petrochemicals technologist for the products listed below in the JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manage teams of process engineers and be responsible for the delivery of project deliverables (PFDs/UFDs, HMB, equipment sizing, selection and specification, PSVs and flare system sizing and specification, etc.) within the agreed man-hour budgets and schedules.
- Maintain the technical quality of all process deliverables issued on the project.
- Manage and lead complex technical discussions with third parties (customer, licensors, suppliers and regulators) in order to facilitate appropriate technical decisions.
- Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
- Understand multi-disciplinary technical issues and be able to provide innovative technical solutions to resolve these issues.
- Lead an area design team up to 15 engineers in the execution of complex projects.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering is required as minimum.
- 20+ years of Process Engineering experience in EPC and/or operating industry, with minimum 10 years in recent grass-root design/revamp of any or all of the following product technologies:
- VCM (Vinyl Chloride Monomer)
- Vinyl Acetate
- UOP LD Parex (Paraxylene)
- Toluene Methylation
- Poly Vinyl Chloride
- Ethylene Oxide / Ethylene Glycol
- Acrylates (Butyl, Ethyl, Methyl etc)
- Polyethylene / Polypropylene
- Polybutadiene Rubber (PBR)
- Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
- Proven work experience in sizing and evaluating equipment in the furnace, cold and hot fractionation areas.
- Experience with process configuration and optimization studies to increase product yield, reduce utility consumption (steam, power, cooling water) and reduce/mitigate flare loads.
- Demonstrated experience in process simulation and automation.
- Good oral and written communication skills required for presentations and reports.
- Chartered Engineer preferred.