|Chief Engineer, Flow Assurance (PERM)
Competitive Salary + car allowance
Reporting to the Manager of Plant and Process Engineering, this position requires an individual who is quality and delivery focused with an advanced technical knowledge relating to all aspects of flow assurance in the transport of oil and gas via flowlines, trunk lines and pipeline installations. This is an opportunity to grow and develop a new flow assurance team within the engineering team in Basingstoke.
- Job Specification – please specify core skills (relevant to the role) current salary and current location.
Knowledge of leading teams on project activities is essential, as is setting objectives and goals for the team, setting strategic direction and technical leadership. Client recognises and requires flexible individuals able to think ‘outside the box’ and provide innovative solutions to challenging designs and operational issues.
- Responsible for the technical work undertaken in the flow assurance group. Responsible for the provision of flow assurance expertise to undertake the work in accordance with the direction provided by the Project Manager and the Manager of Process Engineering.
- To coordinate the work of the group fully with the requirements of worldwide, integrating our capabilities with other centres.
- Undertake competent flow assurance design engineering in accordance with specified procedures and plans to a high level of expertise.
- Check, make observations and approve the work undertaken by others.
- Manage and improve links between and stakeholders, both project and corporate, associated with the works.
- Share and disseminate knowledge in the flow assurance area within the process discipline and other centres
- Manage and develop members of the team.
- Undertake short term visits to a wide range of operating sites and geographic regional offices worldwide.
- Organise and undertake activities supporting the recruitment of staff to the group.
- Manage resourcing of projects in coordination with the other Chief Engineers and the Manager of Process Engineering.
- Develop flow assurance technical expertise in accordance with the business plan objectives and the requirements of the company.
|Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
Member of a relevant Institution, Preferred Chartered Eng.
|Knowledge and Experience
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Experience in the provision of concept and detailed design associated with the Oil and Gas Industry at a high professional level.
- Detailed knowledge and expert use of industry standard flow assurance software, including PVTSim and OLGA.
- Understanding and ability to apply quality assurance processes.
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of process activities in the area of the onshore and offshore oil and gas industry
- Experience preferred in Upstream Engineering