Senior Civil Underground Engineer NW London
Start: Jan 2020
Rate: £50 p/h Ltd Co
Expected completion Dec 2020
Overview / Responsibilities
Senior Civil/ Underground Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil and Gas Industry. This role in based in London office and will be required to start Jan 2020 with assignment expected to be for one year.
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for the design of underground drainage systems and networks
- Responsible for coordination and definition of routing of underground services to ensure multidisciplinary requirements are provided
- Responsible for preparing project related design calculations using Civil Storm software (similar to Microdrainage)
- Responsible for reviewing, checking and commenting drawings and supervision of civil designers in modelling of and preparation of layout drawings for the underground system in accordance with project and Bechtel technical and quality work practises and standards
- Within area of responsibility manage work progress and schedule, prepare progress reports
- Advise Lead Engineer of any technical issues, schedule slippages, their causes and proposed corrective actions
- Within area of responsibility prepare estimates, MTOs etc.
Good understanding and experience of drainage design systems and routing of remaining underground services for Oil and Gas and/or LNG facilities to international and industry practice standards
- Experience in developing computer model simulation of drainage systems
- Ability to review modelled UG system using smartplant review and update/review drawings in microstation.
- Technically strong, self-motivated individual able to work with the minimum of supervision