Onshore Principal Civil Engineer Woking, Surrey 9 months
As a Principal Civil & Structural Engineer you’ll work within an integrated multi-discipline project team executing exciting projects across the oil, gas and renewables sectors either as Lead or Area Lead Discipline Engineer.
Ideally, you’ll have achieved chartered status with a recognised professional institution, have a good civil/structural engineering master’s degree and have proven experience of working on Concept, FEED and EPC projects.
If you have an appetite for challenging projects and thinking differently to drive solutions and outcomes, get in touch today.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• You’ll have a wide skillset with a knowledge of commonly used European and International civil & structural design codes.
• Good communication is essential, and you will have an excellent standard of written and spoken English and be responsible for clearly and concisely writing and verifying technical reports and documents.
• You will be required to prepare and/or check specifications, design calculations, drawings and MTOs quickly and efficiently.
• Petrofac’s processes and procedures are key to efficient delivery and you will ensure all outputs are compliant with our inhouse ISO accredited quality, project control, safety and integrity procedures.
• You’ll oversee, manage and supervise work of others including workshare offices and subcontractors.
• Utilising your experience, you will be required to plan work packages reporting progress and forecasting.
• Knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas would be beneficial:
o Geotechnical engineering
o Reinforced concrete design & analysis
o Structural steelwork design & analysis
o Staadpro analysis software
o Structural assessment and appraisal
o Foundation design
o Blast design
o Seismic design
o Roads, drainage and infrastructure design