Senior Mechanical Engineers
6-12 months contract
Typically works as a mechanical engineer reporting to the lead engineer on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project Can be technically responsible for an area of work and supervises preparation of specific deliverables.
Undertakes specific tasks/ area of work as defined by the lead/ principal engineer. Works to the requirements of the Mechanical Design Manual (WOK-EN-GDE-M-07162) Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract under the supervision of the lead/principal engineer.
Participates in factory acceptance tests Supports the preparation of the mechanical TDR and executes allocated tasks within the requirements of the project execution plan and TDR Ensures compliance with Petrofac’s ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides and standards.
Undertakes specified tasks/ areas of work dependant on size and complexity of project, as defined by the lead engineer or project/ project engineering manager.
Supervising and checking the work of other engineers as delegated by the lead engineer/ group manager. Responsible for communicating technical/ project issues potentially impacting the project to the lead engineer.
Senior engineer is accountable to the lead/principal engineer or project engineer (dependant on size and complexity of the project) in the project environment
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Typically holds a master’s degree in mechanical engineering or post-graduate mechanical engineering qualification. Chartered status preferred. Experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry
• Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects Knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes
• Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice Activity scheduling and discipline priorities
• Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
• Analytical and problem solving mind-set