Principal Piping and Layout Engineer (STAFF)
Ability to lead a team of other engineers and designers. He or she will be organised and have the ability to work with all levels of the organisation. An understanding of commercial aspects of engineering contracting is important as the candidate may be involved in developing discipline proposals and man hour estimates. It is essential that candidates have a wide range of piping and layout design experience in Concept, FEED and EPC projects and fully understand the required piping deliverables for each project phase. The ability to manage client design reviews, work with and manage client expectations and present robust design solution is essential. Candidates must have a proven track record in delivering onshore and offshore engineering solutions to internal and external oil and gas clients.
Skills and Experience required:
• Degree/ONC/HNC mechanical engineering
• Proven experience in concept/FEED/EPC oil and gas projects
• Good understanding of piping materials, pipe stress and flexibility requirements
• Ability to think innovatively, practically and pragmatically and to react to change efficiently in a structured manner
• Ability to plan the piping activities on projects, understanding the interactions between disciplines and striving to optimise productive progress
• Ability to prepare 2D conceptual layout studies for Onshore and Offshore facilities
• Strong understanding and experience, preferably hands on, of 3D design tools (PDMS E3D)
• Excellent communication skills with both clients and overseas work share offices
• Strong technical report writing skills
• Flexible and responsive approach to achieve clients’ requirements
• Willing to travel overseas, either to site, client offices or work share office, sometimes at short notice.
This is a Permanent Staff role. Our Woking office is a five-minute walk from the mainline rail station and has excellent transportation links around the South-East. The working atmosphere is pleasant and professional, our staff feel individual and valued.