Consultant Structural Engineer – Jackets and Topsides Structures
Staff Role, please only apply if you’re happy to take a permanent position
Competitive Salary and Benefits - Neg
You’ll have a master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, hold Chartered Status and have significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas and or renewables industry, leading the structural concept development of jacket and topsides for FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects. You’ll have extensive knowledge of relevant industry design codes, analysis software and construction requirements, and demonstrate an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Addressing both traditional and stressed skin design, you will design and evaluate structural concepts for jackets and topsides.
- We’re a small team, so you’ll need to perform a range of consultancy tasks; from giving expert advice to developing structural design concepts
- Your knowledge will allow you to address in-service structural findings and remediation, perform structural analysis and write and approve clear and concise consultancy reports.
- A good communicator, you will be able to share findings with all key stakeholders, right first time, early and effectively.
- As a senior team member, you’ll help coach and mentor your civil/structural team members
- We’re part of a much larger Group and you will have the opportunity to share your expertise as a Subject Matter Expert for offshore structural engineering to the wider team in the UK and abroad
- Our projects are varied – you’ll be working across the project life cycle, from feasibility and concept, through FEED, detailed or supporting Group EPC projects.
- You can take technical responsibility for all civil/structural engineering work where needed, as well as managing project deliverables and delegating supervision as required. Your expertise will allow you to address complex, technically challenging and/or high-profile issues as well as effectively managing their resolution and communication with clients and senior management.
- Experience in reviewing the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents is a must, along with an ability to quickly identify fit-for-purpose manhour estimates and input to execution plans.
- Driving the detail – you’ll be responsible for reviewing and checking critical civil/structural deliverables including; Philosophies, Specifications, Civil & Structural Design Calculations, Plans, Drawings and MTO.
- As a team player, you will participate in multi-discipline design reviews, working collaboratively to find the right solution.
- When working as a lead engineer you will identifying clear scopes of work and supervise preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR).
- Planning is key – we’ll need you to effectively schedule civil/structural engineering activities and manpower resource; quantifying engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery.
- Collaboration drives successful projects – you’ll provide regular and reliable reports and data to the Project Management team.
- Your experience will ensure you can effectively guide procurement, including for long lead items, preparing Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provide Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
- Understand conformance – ensure deliverables are compatible with client specifications and recommend strategies to improve given specifications to deliver savings across the project.