• Delegated responsibility from SVP & General Manager for all operations HSSE management issues within Engineering Services, Woking including all its business and operational activities extending to satellite locations and sites.
• To establish, maintain and develop Engineering Services, Woking quality and HSSE programmes, encompassing all subsidiary offices and projects.
• To focus and align quality/HSSE programmes in support of business objectives, project objectives, client satisfaction, continual improvement and compliance with external certification requirements.
• To develop and promote quality/HSSE programmes within the framework of client’s Business Management System (BMS), and to represent Engineering Services, Woking’s interests in future
• development of the BMS.
• To manage the Quality/HSSE department in Woking, including budget, resources and priorities.
• To identify, promote and lead business process improvement initiatives, liaising with other business units as appropriate.
• Establishing and managing internal BMS/Quality audit programmes to meet requirements of the business, ISO9001, ISO14001 and BS25999.
• Research and prepare monthly HSSE bulletin for issue in Woking offices.
• Providing the management team with regular reports and data on quality/HSSE performance and BMS implementation.
• Analysing data from the above activities to identify opportunities for improvement of business processes, and leading the implementation of selected improvements
• Degree in Engineering, business or management.
• Experience in quality management system experience.
• Training to be provided regarding Occupational Health and Safety.
• Identify, develop and implement business process improvements.
• Manage & develop BMS Co-ordinators, Engineers, Auditors & Administrators.
• Plan and control within resource, budget and schedule constraints.
• Work with people at all levels to develop, maintain, communicate and implement an integrated business management system.
• Certification processes and management system requirements (e.g. ISO 9001 and ISO 14001).
• UK HSE Legislation.