Consultancy Manager, Subsea and Pipelines
Permanent position, please advise salary sought
The Subsea and Pipelines Consultancy Manager will work and guide a team in executing exciting projects across the oil, gas and energy transition sectors. The scope of the role is broad; ranging from greenfield onshore and offshore projects, specialised analysis to pipeline integrity management.
You will have extensive experience in subsea and pipelines engineering activities; have an engineering degree, and preferably be chartered.
Your experience in Concept, FEED and detailed design projects will have been gained with either an operator, pipeline/subsea design engineers/consultants, subsea equipment vendor or with an installation contractor.
If you have an appetite for challenging projects, are prepared to think ‘out of the box’ when needed, and are capable of driving solutions and outcomes, please get in touch today.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas will be beneficial
- You will oversee, manage, and supervise work of the Subsea and Pipeline Engineering team; support high value workshare offices and subcontractors, and have overall responsibility for the delivery of its projects
- You must have the confidence to conduct sales and marketing for the Subsea and Pipelines team as you will be responsible for working with our Business Development team to sell your team’s capability to the domestic and international markets. To support this, you will be required to develop a strategy for engaging and winning work in these technical areas.
- Good communication skills are essential; you will have an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- You will be responsible for managing the production of clear and concise technical reports, and checking reports written by others.
- You will have the ability to communicate effectively with the senior management team
- Team Leadership
- Project management activities (planning work, schedules, cost)
- Winning new business and client contact
- Strategy development
- Concept, FEED, and detail design experience
- Participation in Proposals activities
- Knowledge of subsea system and pipeline design processes - requirements and details – for both oil and gas and energy transition.
- Competent in application of subsea hardware and pipeline codes; API, ASME and DNV; and of pipeline design software
- Knowledge of materials and corrosion control related to pipelines
- Familiarity with subsea field architecture, layout, and equipment
- Knowledge of fabrication, installation, and pre-commissioning of onshore and subsea facilities
- Knowledge of pipeline integrity management (systems, techniques, and tools)