Senior Structural Engineer
Working within the team executing innovative projects across the oil, gas and renewables sectors. The scope of the role is broad, ranging from concept & FEED design of fixed and floating offshore structures, providing ongoing support to in-service assets, to solving emerging issues.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- You’ll have an excellent grasp of the fundamentals of stress engineering, as well as experience in applying commonly used European and International civil & structural design codes. Principally we are looking for people who understand not only what the design codes say, but - more importantly – why.
- You will have experience of using both general purpose finite element analysis software (e.g. Abaqus), and specialist offshore analysis software (e.g. Sesam, SACS, Orcaflex).
- You will be responsible for producing clear and concise technical reports and will also support the team by checking their reports.
- You will be required to prepare and/or check specifications, design calculations, drawings and MTOs quickly and efficiently.
- Client’s processes and procedures are key to efficient delivery and you will ensure all outputs are compliant with our ISO accredited quality, project control, safety and integrity procedures.
- You’ll manage and supervise work of others including workshare offices and subcontractors.
- Utilising your experience, you will commit to plan work packages reporting progress and forecasting.
- Hold Chartered status with a recognised professional institution, have a good civil/structural or similar engineering master’s degree and have proven experience of working on Concept, FEED and EPC projects.
- Good communication skills are essential, and you will have an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Structural steelwork design & analysis
- Nonlinear assessment
- Dynamic / modal assessment
- Fatigue of offshore structures
- Fracture mechanics
- Structural assessment and appraisal
- Blast design
- Fixed and floating structures