Senior Pipeline Engineer – Onshore
The role is outside IR35
Scope of Services:
Services to be supported during the duration of the contract include performing Onshore Pipeline Engineering related to the following design tasks – in relation to Concept, FEED, Consultancy Studies, and Detailed Design Engineering projects:
• Route selection
• Wall thickness design
• Pipe to soil interaction assessment
• Expansion analysis
• Fully restrained and unrestrained stress analysis of onshore flowlines/pipelines using AutoPIPE
• Large radius hot or cold route bend design
• Upheaval buckling mitigation design
• Crossing design
• Road crossing calculations
• Fatigue assessment
• Pipeline installation analysis
• Material specifications and datasheets
• Survey specifications
• Fabrication specifications
• Construction specifications
• Material take-offs
In addition to the above design tasks the following additional service tasks may be requested if the Service provider is capable of carrying them out:
• High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) pipeline design.
• Strain-based design.
• Design of subsea pipelines.
• Design of subsea cables and umbilicals.
• Use of Sage Profile 2D/3D and ABAQUS FEA Software.
• Use of DNVGL spreadsheets/tools such as Fatfree, Stablelines.
• Integrity management, inspection, and decommissioning.
The specific services to be provided will be called off as part of the purchase order – which will confirm the specific project and duration of services required. A requirement to undertake additional services shall be mutually agreed by way of contract amendment.
The service provider will be competent and experienced to deliver the services required, and as a minimum have the following qualifications and experience:
• Mechanical/Civil engineering (or equivalent) background
• Engineering Degree
• A strong understanding of pipeline mechanical design engineering principles
• Post-graduation experience of carrying out pipeline design calculations and assessments; using Excel, MathCAD and AutoPIPE