Project Controls Manager
Basingstoke (will be office based after lockdown)
Duration: End of August 2021 (extension until May 2022)
Start date: ASAP
IR35 Status: OUTSIDE
To act as (Deputy) Project Controls/Service Manager, reporting to the Deputy Project Director for a complex multi-centre oil & gas FEED programme.
We are looking for a highly experienced candidate, who must have demonstrable recent and proven experience managing a project controls team operating in multiple European execution centres, coordinating and preparing/presenting reports for the client and internal partners in accordance with project requirements.
Skills and Experiences:
- Strong technical background in the oil and gas industry from a contractors side, with specific experience in developing projects from concept through basic/FEED stages to detailed engineering/EPC if so required.
- Experience in management of all aspects of the project services – cost control, change management, planning, document control and cost estimates.
- Ability to apply a strong technical and business focus whilst maintaining an appropriate cost/time/quality balance
- Ability to consolidate and agree work scopes, encourage project teams through short project timescales and promote and retain good client relationships
- Understanding of relevant technical codes and standards within the main engineering disciplines as required ( Industry Standards and international Codes and standards)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to convey engineering issues to Company management and Partners / Stakeholders
- Strong leadership capabilities, ability to manage and unite teams working across multiple execution centres.
- Ability to manage risk, handle uncertainty, strong decision making capability
- Interfacing capabilities, both Internal within the Project team and External
- Strong stakeholder management skills
: Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering Discipline