Office based in Norwich
4 months FEED (potential for another 10 months Detailed Design)
£50-55ph negotiable - OUTSIDE IR35
Offshore oil and gas experience with a preference for working on the design of minimal facilities platforms, from FEED to detail design.
This phase of the Project has a duration of 4 months FEED, but we are expecting this to lead on to detail design which is approx. another 10 months after this current phase.
Reporting to: Lead Electrical Engineer
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’S)
• Responsibility for all aspects of assigned Electrical system within overall project
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for producing and maintaining assigned Electrical deliverables (including, but not limited to: drawings, BOMs, schedules, specifications & datasheets. In accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the project schedule
- Ability to check other engineers’ drawings, providing constructive feedback, showing rigour and comparison against calculations, analysis, industry standards, Client standards and best practice.
- Ability to design systems and products, providing best practice solutions into Switchgear/ Transformer/ Instrumentation/ MCC/ Motors/ F&G/ ESD/LV /HV etc.
- Ability to design all electrical equipment in hazardous areas are designed in accordance with ATEX/ NEC/ NFPA or regional equivalent, regulations, or similar appropriate legislation as governed by project specifications.
- Ability to create and respond to technical queries
- Ability to provide technical input during pricing and detailed engineering of projects
- Ability to prepare construction work packs and certification documentation
- Responsible for technical decision making associated with any given scope of work
- Ability to assist with the development of equipment package designs
- Ability to read and understand design specifications and technical drawings
- Ability to work to BS, EN, API, NEC, NEMA, NFPA and ANSI standards
- Ability to communicate with clients and subcontractors
- Ability to write reports and give presentations
- Ability to produce design risk assessments and be experienced with all relevant HSE legislation
- Help co-ordinate all electrical third party support, ensuring it performs in accordance with the statutory regulations, company policy, and contract deliverables
- Support Factory Acceptance Tests, Site Integration Tests, installation and commissioning activities with technical input, problem solving, TQ responses, and site queries
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out in accordance with Aquaterra Energy policies and procedures and in line with ISO 9001/14001 guidelines/requirements
- Support the procurement department in answering technical queries and the raising of commercial enquires
- Deliver engineering tasks in relation to allocated project(s), highlighting to the Design Manager and Project Engineer/Manager any identified variations to plan at the earliest opportunity
- Interface with suppliers, vendors and subcontractors where required
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner to comply with statutory and Company requirements
- Working knowledge and experience of statutory requirements including those related to Health & Safety, PUWER and LOLER
- Compliance with Company Health and Safety procedures, including assessments where required.
- Educated to minimum of HND or equivalent standard in Electrical Engineering
- Holder of a full UK driving license
- Topsides electrical design and engineering for green and brown field development up to 13.8kV
- Experience in specifying and purchasing ASD/VSD equipment for downhole pumps
- Experience in specifying and purchasing Transformer equipment for offshore installations
- Experience of successful client facing interactions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas, Petro Chemical or similar industry with proven success
- Experience working to NFPA 70/ NEC
- Holding and leading meetings
- Proven understanding of the design process and ability to demonstrate working knowledge of brief / scope documents, design concepts, and technical experience (calculations etc.)
- Advanced IT skills Including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and communication skills
- Good analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to complete calculations
- Friendly and approachable attitude
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work as a team member and communicate effectively with onshore and offshore staff at all levels
- Able to work independently at a high intensity and output rate but able to engage freely with team members
- Confident to challenge in a professional manner in a desire to deliver quality and agreed objectives.
- Highly organized and accurate
- High levels of perseverance when faced with challenging situations.