Senior Electrical Engineer x 2
Location: Basingstoke hybrid working
Client operates a SmartWorking policy allowing personnel to work for up to 12 working days/month from home or a similar secure location and this 12 days can be available even where personnel are on leave for a portion of the month. As such, they expect a minimum of 60% home working to be available for individuals who wish to take advantage of this.
Start date: ASAP
Worker Status – PAYE / Umbrella
Duration: 12 months plus
With the consistent high levels of innovative and interesting work we require Senior level Electrical Engineering professionals to support our ever growing project portfolio for engineering projects in both conventional and emerging technologies both on and offshore. The Basingstoke office is helping to lead energy transition from oil and gas and is currently heavily involved in the decommissioning of existing assets and the development of new CCS (Carbon Capture and Storage) facilities with these forming the majority of our workload as well as increasing activities in wind opportunities and hydrogen generation and distribution.
Both positions require preferably charted electrical engineers to be technically competent in all aspects of electrical engineering ( MV and LV Power Distribution and control), development of power system studies, reports and specifications (e.g. Load flow, short circuit, transient stability analysis)
The successful candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are fully conversant with IEC standards and “Oil & Gas” standard practices and specification/standards (e.g. IOGP). ETAP Software experience would be advantageous for these positions.
For the roles the candidate should have experience in FEED and/or Detail Engineering projects
- electrical equipment sizing calculations
- electrical equipment specifications/datasheets for MCCs, MV and LV switchboards, asynchronous and synchronous generators, soft start units, VSDs, UPS systems, transformers, NER
- schematics for switchboards, MCCs, generation systems and auxiliary equipment
- substation, switch room and plant layout design
- electrical distribution surveys for on-shore HV and LV networks
- preparation of requisitions for electrical equipment