Senior Engineer, Machinery, Basingstoke (Hybrid Working)
Worker Status – PAYE/Umbrella only
Client operates a SmartWorking policy allowing personnel to work for up to 12 working days/month from home or a similar secure location and this 12 days can be available even where personnel are on leave for a portion of the month. As such, they expect a minimum of 60% home working to be available for individuals who wish to take advantage of this.
• Act as technical specialist and/or where applicable lead engineer on projects and engineering activities.
• Undertake engineering of systems in accordance with specified procedures and plans as assigned by the Project lead/Chief.
• Where required, supervise the technical activities of others to complete activities to the required technical standard.
• Undertake short term visits to a wide range of operating site and Eni geographic regional offices worldwide.
• Coordinate and expedite discipline and multidiscipline interfaces for areas of responsibility.
• Be aware and evaluate the effect of new/modified legislation on plant design and performance
• Ensure all activities necessary to guarantee the design of a ‘safe’ plant are performed.
• Machinery for conceptual, basic, FEED and detailed engineering phases of Oil & Gas projects.
• Selection of rotating machinery including compressors, pumps and gas turbines.
• Preparation of technical supply specifications for machinery and drivers.
• Preparation of technical datasheets for machinery and drivers.
• Preparation of inspection and documentation requirements for machinery.
• Technical evaluation of bids and responses to Contractor’s technical clarification.
• Review of Contractor’s documents and specifications.
• Coordination with other engineering disciplines.
• Coordination with Contractors’ machinery specialists.
• Site visits, surveys and data collection.
• Attendance at project review meetings and meetings with contractors.
• Working within Company ISO 9000 QA procedures.
• Degree or relevant experience
• Experience of Eni company standards desirable
• Member of a relevant Institution, preferred Chartered Engineer
• Experience in selection of rotating machinery including compressors, pumps and drivers.
• Knowledge of relevant international codes and standards including API 617 and API 618 for compressors, API 616 for gas turbine drivers and API 610 for pumps, and related standards.
• Experience in the provision of concept and detailed design associated with the Oil and Gas Industry either as a Contractor or Oil Company Personnel at a high professional level. Experience preferred in Upstream Engineering.
• Experience in Concept, Basic/FEED and Detail Engineering projects for Oil & Gas (on-shore and/or offshore).