Vessels Senior Project Manager
The project is a UK / French joint defence initiative
Candidate would ideally have a defence/MOD background, but not essential
£65-£70ph Limited Company
12 months plus, long term
This post is responsible for:
- Delivery – Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Project Management – Day to day management and leadership of the Vessels Project and the project team. Provide effective leadership and management controls. Set project controls. Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to stage. Set appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phases.
- Budget – Manage the budget and track delivery within forecast.
- Resources – Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources. Manage medium sized team.
- Stakeholder Management – Identify, map and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate and in an integrated manner.
- Risks & Issues – Proactively manage and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
- Governance – Lead Project Management governance and decision making. Provide reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for delivery through applying current Project Management best practice.
- Change Management – Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
- Guidance & Support – Provide support, guidance and coaching for the project team as you will be the Subject Matter Expert for Project Management.
- Project Performance & Controls – Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain Project Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors.