View all jobs
Senior Engineer, Pipelines - BasingstokeBasingstoke, Hampshire
Senior Engineer, Pipelines
Duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Worker Status – PAYE / Umbrella
- Reviews, comments and validate key EPC engineering documents
- Ensuring consistency of Pipeline seismic design, thermal expansion, buoyancy and upheaval buckling studies.
- Validate pipeline routing adjustments, alignment sheet, GIS, etc.
- Ensure that pipeline design and installation is conducted with respect to the requirements of DNVGL-STF101, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.8, BSI PD 8010-Part1, BSI PD8010-Part2 API RP 1110, API RP 1104, etc.
- Validate key specifications, requisitions, designs, procedures, layout arrangements issued by the installation contractors
- Ensure the alignment of various disciplines including Interfaces, Process, Flow Assurance, Material & Corrosion, Operations, Instrumentation, Civil and Electrical
- Assists with the management of the pipeline design and installation contractors
- Prepares key technical papers on critical issues
- To participate in technical reviews when necessary: at the detailed engineering stage (Company Project reviews, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL etc.)
- To participate in technical reviews related to the procurement/supply activities)
- Participate as necessary to: pipeline and engineering workshops and reviews, audits, 3D model reviews, pre-commissioning and commissioning workshops, risk workshops
- Liaises with the EPC performing the detail engineering, the LLI suppliers, the EPC, the specialized contractors for optic fibre, coating etc.
- Validate the pipeline inspection and maintenance strategy and the definition of Emergency Pipeline Repair, Service studies
- Perform site visits to manufacturers (line pipe, coating, valves, etc.) as required
- Perform site visits during construction to review progress and compliance to procedures
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour about Ethics and project "code of conduct" policy
- To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position
- Graduate Masters or Bachelor engineering degree highly specialized pipeline/material engineer
- Demonstrable experience of work as discipline specialist on large oil & gas project gained during
- studies and on the field
- Knowledge of Welding and NDE techniques (UT, RT, PT, MT and computerized versions of same)
- Good knowledge of fracture mechanics, engineering critical assessment methods and strain base design
- Experience with pipe manufacturing, hot induction bending and forging industries
- Previous experience with pipe coating and onshore facilities
- Good communication skills and computer literate.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. English Mandatory.
- DNV PET / SESAM Package including DNVGL-RP-F101 corroder pipeline
- Orcaflex, SAGE and/or ABAQUS (preferable)
- NORSOK M-506 (familiar)