Asset Survey Prog-Fabric Biased Building Surveyor
Rate £280pd or £35ph Ltd Co
Six months duration
Location: London/South East
Condition Surveyors (Fabric) to work on a large scale Facilities Management programme for the Government Services division.
The Condition Surveyors (Fabric) will be employed onto a Strategic Asset Programme on a contract basis (6 Months) in a Field-based role across London and the South-East.
Reporting to the Senior Surveyor, the Condition Surveyor (Fabric) will be predominantly out in the field across London and the South-East surveying the clients estate whilst managing a program of both M&E and fabric Building Condition surveys. Ensuring the data is clean and concise to report on to the client.
In addition to the rate on offer expenses for door to door and overnight stays (as required and with prior approval can be expensed).
- Carry out condition surveys on the condition of the building.
- Identify and capture fabric condition of the building.
Maintain accurate records of all site visits including an accurate programme of surveys.
- Capture assets and their attributes and condition on handheld device.
- Provide advice to the client for asset renewal and replacement of building elements and systems.
- Attend project meetings and participate in working groups or departmental meetings as required.
- Be able to quickly and reasonably assess asset condition without intrusive or invasive inspections
- Identify all critical plant equipment for running the site(s).
- Update the Forward Works Co-Ordinator and Senior Surveyor with data to provide accurate and concise reports to the client.
The Condition Surveyors ( Fabric) will possess the following Qualifications and Experience;
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in Building Surveying or similar subject field.
- Hold or eligible for Enhanced DBS / CTC / SC clearance
- Member of a professional body in the field of Building Construction or CIBSE would be desirable.
- A proven track record of experience undertaking asset building surveys and asset conditioning both on M&E as well as fabric(Ideally but strong fabric sufficient)
- M&E expertise on asset maintenance
- Experience of utilising data capture and reporting tools.
- Experience of working in commercial or government asset portfolios including infrastructure.
- Experience in planning programmes of work for Forward works and lifecycle management.
- Understanding of the latest Building Condition techniques.
Proven track record in working in a team.
- Knowledge of CAFM Systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- An eye for detail.
Experience of mobile working with asset management software.
- Experience in working in a secure environment.
- Knowledge of Mobiess software (training can be given)
- CTC / SC Clearance.
For individuals to be successful for these roles they should be able to be vetted and on-boarded in line with client security requirements for working on site in UK Government buildings