Senior Designer, Electrical
Location: Basingstoke (Hybrid Working)
Client operates a SmartWorking policy allowing personnel to work for up to 12 working days/month from home or a similar secure location and this 12 days can be available even where personnel are on leave for a portion of the month. As such, they expect a minimum of 60% home working to be available for individuals who wish to take advantage of this.
Duration: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
Worker Status – PAYE / Umbrella
- Experience in FEED and Detail Engineering projects for Oil&Gas (on-shore & off-shore)
- Use of AutoCAD 2-D (2018 onwards), BricsCAD (20.2), Dialux
- Checking of 3D models
- Participates on Model Reviews as and when required
- Produces design work in conformance with applicable codes and standards
- Electrical installation design including plant layout, power, lighting and earthing, substation layout, power and cabling routing, electrical bulks generation (MTO).
- Drafting of SLDs and Protection & Metering diagrams
- Ability to liaise design interface issues with other disciplines typically piping and civils
- Interact with Lead Engineers / Engineers for drafting inputs
- Checks works of other designers for accuracy, completeness and / or conformance flow, related data and coordination with other discipline’s work
- Prepares and Checks MTO in connection with the drawings of his/her assigned project
- Function as checker for discipline deliverables per instruction from Lead Designer / Engineer
- Ability to produce deliverables on schedule, of the correct quality and technical content.
- Fully conversant with ICT tools (e.g. Microsoft Office/ TEAMS)
- Minimum HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline
- Demonstrable experience in the relevant field