Senior Electrical Engineer
Permanent (with flexible working opportunities)
- Ensuring installation integrity, reliability, availability and maintainability of electrical and control equipment are optimized, so that production targets can be achieved.
- Co-ordination with operations personnel for planned and corrective maintenance of Electrical equipment. Upgrade of redundant equipment.
- Ensuring, by audit, that switching of LV and HV is in accordance with operational procedures, safety principles, legal requirements and that all registers are maintained accurately.
- Implement, integrate and review planned maintenance programmes in order to meet statutory and vendor requirements. Update and revise.
- Maintain comprehensive records of performance, trends and failures.
- Co-ordinate all electrical third-party support performs in accordance with the statutory regulations, company policy, contract deliverables.
- Ensures all electrical equipment in hazardous areas is maintained in accordance with BS EN 60079.
- Support the Technical Authority as required.
- The listing of main responsibilities and main duties is not necessarily exhaustive and may be changed at management discretion to reflect the needs of the company.
- Provide Electrical guidance & support to onshore & offshore personnel.
- Keep up to date with, and inform others, latest standards and company procedures.
- Review & comment on documents issued by DCC (IDC).
- Extensive experience of electrical maintenance in the Oil and Gas industry.
- A proven track record of delivering Electrical scopes in an offshore environment.
- Experience of Maintenance Management Systems, Performance Standards.
- Educated to HND or equivalent standard in Electrical Engineering.
- Member of a relevant professional engineering institution (IET) would be an advantage.
- Computer literate and familiarity with software-based maintenance systems.
- Good analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Offshore survival and medical desirable.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with us fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.