Lead Naval Architect, Woking Surrey 3 months+ (Hybrid working)
Our Client is currently looking to recruit a Naval Architect for the Consultancy team based in Woking, UK on a three-month basis.
The role is outside IR35 and we invite Limited Companies to engage.
Are you an experienced naval architect? The Companies Engineering & Consultancy Services (ECS) team in Woking is looking to add to its talented team of civil & structural engineers to support new project awards.
ECS is the centre of excellence for front-end engineering and consultancy and the projects we deliver vary in size, scale and complexity.
You’ll be responsible for providing naval architecture support for a range of floating structure concepts.
Skills and Qualifications
This role requires:
- Experience of design of semi-submersible and TLP structures
- Recent experience of Sesam hydrodynamic, hydrostatic and structural analysis
It would also be advantageous to have experience in:
- Recent experience of performing transportation & installation analysis
- Recent experience of jacket launch analysis
- Offshore design and assessment codes and recommended practices
- General-purpose FE software, preferably Abaqus
- Engineering consultancy
- Nonlinear assessment
- Dynamic / modal assessment
- Fatigue of offshore structures
- Structural assessment and appraisal
- Fixed and floating structures
If you have an appetite for challenging projects and a genuine curiosity to find solutions, get in touch today.
- Providing naval architecture support for a range of floating structure concepts
- Producing clear and concise consultancy and technical reports
- Preparing and/or checking specifications, design calculations, drawings and MTOs quickly and efficiently
- The Companies processes and procedures are key to efficient delivery of projects, and you will ensure all outputs are compliant with our ISO accredited quality, project control, safety and integrity procedures
- Utilising your experience, you will commit to plan work packages reporting progress and forecasting