Senior Contracts Engineer, Permanent role based in Aberdeen with hybrid working
This position falls within the Asset Solutions (AS) business, which comprises Asset Operations and Asset Development, and is responsible for: provision of operations support services; operations & maintenance; operations modification projects; well services; engineering consultancy; and training. AS delivers on the basis of a reimbursable model where the cost of our services is reimbursed by the client plus an agreed margin, and Cost Plus KPIs which are reimbursable with a margin linked to the successful delivery of key performance indicators.
1. Client Contracts -
- Support the development of commercial and contractual responses to client enquires and proposal requests from clients in support to the New Energy team including:
- Working with technical team to develop commercial responses as required
- Coordinating input from all stake holders including, Compliance, Legal, Finance, Tax, and security etc as required.
- Qualify client T&C’s / Heads of Terms if provided in line with procedures
- Coordinate and support obtaining approval via the Risk Review Process as required, i.e.
- Kick off risk review process
- Coordinate and manage submissions and review meetings as required by the process
- Coordinate all support required from wider team to obtain required approvals
- Close out actions as required
- Oversee, negotiate and finalise agreements for the provision of New Energy services as agreed via the RRC process, ensuring compliance with required protocols and stakeholder guidance such as Legal, Tax, HSSEIA, and Technical etc.
- Control the Confidentiality and non disclosure agreements associated with the New Energy business and BD activities.
- Develop and negotiate MoU’s and Collaboration agreements with key partners to support growth of the Business.
- Work with the commercial and operational management team to ensure that service delivery is compliant with contractual terms.
- Proactively monitor each client contract to ensure critical dates such as rate reviews, renewals, extensions, work orders etc are in place.
- Coordinate and manage response to any client contract disputes.
- Solid working knowledge of IChemE, FIDIC and NEC based terms and conditions - including the ability to work with and modify special conditions.
- Working knowledge of various remuneration models specifically focused on PetroChem and renewable energy sectors.
- Ability to deal with contractual qualifications efficiently and effectively
- Experience in drafting / working with contracts with client and suppliers (OEMs and Construction companies) in differing commercial and contractual arrangements
- Demonstrable ability to apply innovative solutions
- Have knowledge of the onshore UK EPC construction (Civil, Mechanical &E&I) and fabrication market.
- Degree in Law, Law & Management or Quantity Surveying preferred but not essential dependent on the experience of the candidate
- Experience in a similar role within the Petrochem, Construction and/or Renewables sector.
- Ideally both UK Onshore and International experience within these sectors.
- Essential that candidate has recent deep experience in the UK Onshore EPC sector
- Experience working within an active and lively operational team.
- A competitive base salary
- Pension Scheme – Standard Life - 3.5% Employee / 7% Employer
- UK Healthcare – AXA
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
- Personal Accident insurance
- Life Assurance (3x Base Salary)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
- Employee Lifestyle Benefits Scheme
- 30 days plus 3 public holiday entitlement
- Plus, much more