Senior Engineer, Subsea Control Systems
Location: Basingstoke (Hybrid Working)
Client operates a SmartWorking policy allowing personnel to work for up to 12 working days/month from home or a similar secure location and this 12 days can be available even where personnel are on leave for a portion of the month. As such, they expect a minimum of 60% home working to be available for individuals who wish to take advantage of this.
Duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Worker Status INSIDE IR35 – PAYE / Umbrella
Essential skills/Experience required:
- Offshore assistance during umbilical installation and Controls System pre-commissioning activities onboard installation vessel and/or FPSO
- Extensive experience as Subsea Control system in preparation and execution of Offshore projects (Feasibility & Conceptual Study, Front End Engineering Design, Call for Tender and Tender Technical Bid Evaluation, Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and Installation).
- Extensive experience as Subsea Control system in preparation and execution of Offshore projects (Feasibility & Conceptual Study, Front End Engineering Design, Call for Tender and Tender Technical Bid Evaluation, Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and Installation)
• Engineering Degree, Electrical, Mechanical or related Engineering Degree
• Office Software (MS Office);
- Conceptual Study, FEED, Tender and Contract package preparation related to Subsea Control System (such as data sheet, functional specs, preliminary electrical and hydraulic analysis, etc)
- Follow up of Supplier Call for Tender & Selection (qualifications, clarifications, recommendations, etc)
- To support the Project during Execution Phase in the engineering, design, manufacturing and testing (performed by Contractor) of Subsea and topside FPSO) assuring that the design meets Project requirements, applicable standards and engineering best practices, developing Company’s know how in this area.
- To review and approve specification, design and supply (by Contractor) of the control systems, ensuring that Project requirements, best practice for safety, COMPANY and industry standards and reliability are met:
- To ensure the performance, instability and operability of the umbilical, distribution and control Systems, Subsea Production Xmas Trees, subsea Injection Xmas Trees, subsea tie-in systems and subsea structures (manifolds, suction piles and SDU):
- To ensure that all necessary technical interfaces with other systems or activities belonging to the Project are always considered by the Contractor:
- Perform Site Inspection (when required) and interfacing with Contractor:
- To ensure that the delivery of the subsea control system equipment’s including are according to Project schedule and objectives:
- Knowledge/experience on Subsea Controls and Umbilical Systems with relevant ancillaries, Design, Engineering, |Manufacturing, Testing.
- Knowledge/experience of QA/QC tests specific to Control System within the Oil & Gas Industry (such as Control system FAT, EFAT, integration with DCS etc);
- Appropriate periods acting as Company Representative for the subsea Control system supply.
- Specialist knowledge of Control system design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and operational activities:
- Knowledge of Umbilical System and Subsea Chemical Injection System design and operation:
- Experience of application of Quality Assurance Systems;
- Familiar with relevant national and international codes and standards for Subsea Control System.