Business Analyst upstream sector. Permanent role based in London
Working for an international energy company.
Please advise on your availability and the salary you seek
To analyse new and developing business opportunities in relation to energy transition
and support negotiations for commercial contracts, licences and permits.
Key responsibilities cover the following areas:
Close monitoring of UK Government policy in relation to developing business models
for carbon capture, use and storage (CCUS) and hydrogen production and marketing
Provision of timely advice to company concerning optimum strategy in regard of
developing government policy and potential to influence that policy
Analysis of economic impact and risks associated with new energy transition business
Market analysis to support new business opportunities
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
To support negotiation and administration of commercial and licence agreements in
areas of energy transition including:
o Joint venture agreements
o Special Purpose Vehicles
o Regulatory licence applications and administration
o Lease agreements
o Asset sale and purchase agreements
o Supply and offtake agreements
Main Interfaces (relationships):
• Works with other members of the department.
• Member of Exploration and Operations and Development multifunctional teams as
required, reporting to Team Leaders for specific projects.
• Works closely with the Legal Department
• Liaise with Finance department
• Counterparts and partners in joint ventures, collaboration agreements, service
agreements and competitor companies.
• Existing and potential providers of CO2 and other energy transportation and
• UK Government agencies (including BEIS, Ofgem, OPRED, OGA, The Crown Estate)
Compliance with the HSE Critical Roles Procedure should your position contain any
HSE Critical Roles. Please refer to UK HSE IMS C1-SYS-01 - HSE Critical Roles -
Required Experience and Technical Competencies (relevant experience and
• Previous relevant experience in upstream sector engaged in a broad range of
commercial negotiation activities.
• Good understanding of value analysis, able to commission and interrogate economic
• Good understanding of the elements of legal agreements, able to analyse agreements,
identify issues and summarise the position of parties to the agreement
• Organised, able to stay on top of multiple assets and negotiations
• Good understanding of the challenges and opportunities associated with transitioning
from an oil and gas industry to a low carbon future