Senior Instrument & Control Engineer (Permanent)
Aberdeen (Hybrid Working)
Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests. Petrofac operates a three-day working week in the office and 2 days working from home.
What we do
Company is leading an exciting and fast-paced transformation of the business – moving into new territories and pushing hard into New Energies – creating a more nimble and more global business model. Our reputation for delivery depends not just on what we get done but also on how we do it. The values we espouse and the behaviours we demonstrate are vitally important to our long-term success. We are uncompromising in our commitment to safety and ethical behaviour. These commitments transcend everything we do and are qualities that are essential in who we hire, irrespective of position.
We are organised into Business Delivery and Business Enabling Functions. Our Business Delivery Units constitute Engineering & Construction (E&C), Asset Solutions (previously called EPS) which includes Integrated Energy Services (IES), and our rapidly growing New Energies Services (NES). Our technical functions are currently being consolidated under an initiative called 1tec. Our Business Enabling Functions comprise: Finance, IT, HR, Legal, Communications and QHSE. We work together with our partners and contractors, to deliver our business objectives in line with our values and strategy.
This position falls within the Asset Solutions (AS) business, which comprises Asset Operations and Asset Development, and is responsible for: provision of operations support services; operations & maintenance; operations modification projects; well services; engineering consultancy; and training.
- Provide day to day technical support including the installation of, and fault diagnosis of instrumentation and control equipment and systems.
- Ensures all instrumentation and control systems and equipment is maintained in accordance with relevant standards.
- Co-ordinate with offshore operations personnel the planned and corrective maintenance of plant instruments, control systems and equipment.
- Ensure by audit that all documentation relevant to the function are maintained in accordance with operational procedures, safety principles and legal requirements
- Monitor the performance of plant instruments, control systems (including software) and equipment providing recommendations to address reliability issues.
- Maintain comprehensive records of performance, trends and failures.
- Review and implement planned maintenance programme to meet statutory and OEM requirements.
- Routine audit of the CMMS to ensure maintenance history is of a suitable quality and accuracy of PM/PMA periodicity and estimates.
- Ensure the provision of all third-party support both on and offshore performs in accordance with the contract deliverables and conforms to statutory regulations.
- Is familiar with the appropriate statutory legislation, operations safety case, asset verification scheme, and safety management systems in support of the function.
- Development and management of OPEX and CAPEX budgeted activities and projects.
- Contribution to and development of all direct and indirect activities across the entire planning system from 28 day to CoP.
- To work and support across the operational disciplines and Technical Authorities to ensure team integration. Complete regular offshore visits to directly support offshore operations.
- Drive an active role as Cyber Security focal point.
- Educated to HNC/HND or equivalent standard.
- Relevant onshore and offshore experience
- Instrument & control support function experience required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic when working as part of a team or on own initiative.
All Onshore Office Based Staff
- A competitive base salary
- Pension Scheme – Standard Life - 3.5% Employee / 7% Employer
- UK Healthcare – AXA
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
- Personal Accident insurance
- Life Assurance (3x Base Salary)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
- Employee Lifestyle Benefits Scheme
- 30 days plus 3 public holiday entitlement
- Plus, much more
Client recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
And is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups.