Records Support Officer (Document Controller)
Bridgewater, Somerset (Hinkley Point C offices, with some days spent at project site)
£25ph INSIDE IR35 - Umbrella / PAYE
Long term contract
Likely 2 to 3 weeks to get security clearance
What's the role all about?
Working within the Quality Records Branch and reporting to the relevant contractor team Quality Management Lead, the Records Support Officer is responsible to deliver and monitor the Documents, Records, Authority and Certificates arrangements in order to support ONR Nuclear License Conditions 6 obligations with respect to Lifetime Quality Records (LTQR).
Following induction and training, you'll provide direct support to an HPC contractor management team under the supervision of the team Quality Management Lead (QML).
The position is within the Quality department of the delivery directorate. The Quality department develops and maintains policies, strategies, standards, procedures and best practice in quality as well as providing oversight of HPC’s activities and effectiveness.
Our Records Support Officers perform the following duties:
• Be able to follow established Quality Department policies, procedures and specifications in identifying, processing and reporting LTQR information.
• Supporting the QML and PM in the HPC contractor team to which the post holder is assigned.
• Be trained and have access to Teamcenter EDMS and other relevant IT tools including but not limited to Skype, MS Teams and Office 365;
• Within the contractor support team be able to positively and flexibly respond to provide to a single HBC contract or multiple contracts according to schedule and workload requirements;
• Support the work scope from remote working locations (e.g. from own home), office based locations on-site or in-factory as directed;
• Checking of HBC Contractor LOD/LDRC lists of documents in regard to completeness and correctness
• Work with the QML to specify records requirements to contractors and continuously review performance by reviewing compliance reporting tools
Framework & Boundaries
The Records Support Officer will be deployed based on operational need to support the Quality Records Branch and Quality Department operators such as Quality Management leads.
This will include working in Quality Management or associated administrative areas such as understanding requirements, technical writing, implementing agreed solutions, collating and interpreting data, creating reports and monitoring the effectiveness of the implemented solutions including:
• Support QML’s on Teamcenter tasks
• Track and chase up on open points
• Support quality completeness checks
There will be expediting the deployment and implementation of records requirements and the post holder may, from time to time be asked to undertake tasks in more than one of the above three areas.
• Gather and validate data for monthly Records dashboards
• Support authoring of management system documentation
• Support workshop facilitation, requirements gathering and compilation of findings
• Produce dashboards on a regular basis for a variety of audiences
• Provide regular progress reporting to Records Branch Managers
• Identify gaps & improvements, propose solutions
• Prepare materials for engagement with Regulators
• Provide efficient and effective support for the records branch
• Participate in defining and implementing solutions and monitoring the effectiveness
• Champion the Records Management Processes across the project and with external stakeholders
• Seek to continuously improve Records Management performance across the project
• All other tasks as requested by the Records Branch managers
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Strong organisational skills with ability to take direction
• Support preparation of presentation material
• Act as a strong advocate for best practice, able to support and defend practical deployment and solutions, whilst remaining open to the ideas of others
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
• Understanding of Records / Document and Data Management methodologies and tools within a major infrastructure project environment
• Understanding and application of the QA processes
• Ability to read, interpret and translate requirements
Essential Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant technical (preferably quality) degree or equivalent professional qualifications sufficient to demonstrate competency assessment. (for Technical RSO)
• A level / equivalent or relevant experience in a subject that demonstrates relevant organisation skills (for Non Technical RSO)
• Experience of interfacing with project teams and with supply chain organisations
• Experience of analysing data, preparing reports and making recommendations
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• Teamcenter / Documentum / CEMAR / Business Objects / Power BI experience would be advantageous
• Experience of Technical Authoring
• Records / Document and Data management experience
• Creation and facilitation of workshops
• Encourage, challenge and work through differing opinions
• Recognise that we will not have all of the answers; listen to others to come to a reasoned conclusion
• Adopt an open and transparent approach
• The ability to inspire, innovate, think laterally and implement processes.
• Ability to influence and organise by recognition of others opinions and draw upon each other’s strengths
• Adopt a positive and supportive approach capable of celebrating success together, even the small wins
• Put Health & Safety at the top of the agenda whilst creating an inclusive working environment of autonomy and trust
• Acts as an engaging and influencing role model in promoting and leading initiatives that reinforce our vision, ambitions & cultural values.
• Display integrity by being honourable, trustworthy, fair and honest – respecting confidentiality
• Be mindful of every individuals time and personal constraints and promote the sharing of knowledge and experience
• Commit to a one team mind-set that gets results and makes things happen with impact
• Focus on core scope first, then lean in to help and support others across the team to deliver project outcomes
• Engrains a customer-focussed mind-set within EDF Energy and delivers a customer service & experience that becomes the benchmark for others to achieve.
• Provide clarity on dependencies, scope and deliverables from the outset
• Make clear the purpose of any meeting owned and distribute an agenda prior to it
• Escalate and challenge risks, making clear where there are dependencies
• Sharing knowledge and experience with the records team
• Providing support where needed
• Ability to ask for guidance or support when needed.